Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Showdowns

A.K.A
A.K.A

Just a thread to advertise the Sleuth Showdowns; I feel as though there are not many who are informed as to what a Sleuth Showdown is and/or don't know there are Showdowns at all.
Q: What is this Sleuth Showdown I keep hearing about? Where do I find it?
A: Showdowns are just what they are, a showdown. In this case, it would be a competition between 2 or more sleuths, trying to solve a case within a time limit. You can also do a competition against yourself, but if you solve the case you get no challenge points. Challenge Points can be used for buying coats.

Case difficulties range between Very Very Hard and Stupendously Hard. These cases are random, just like the ones you would play if you started a case with one of your contacts. In these cases, you face a 20 minute time limit. If you do not finish the case in that time limit, or quit the case, you are automatically disqualified. If you miss the deadline of that case you are disqualified. You cannot participate in a Showdown if you are working on a case.

To find the Sleuth Showdown lobby, go to the Community Tab at the top of the screen and click on it. By the box of message boards you should find the red button that says "Showdown Lobby".

One more point if I'm correct: YOU HAVE TO BE SUBSCRIBED TO PARTICIPATE IN A SHOWDOWN!!!!!

Q: When can I participate in a showdown?
A: Showdowns occur every hour, except midnight. As said in the FAQ, it suggests you wait in the lobby a couple minutes early.

Sorry for any typos or any other info I missed, I just wanted to do a bit of the basics. Feel free to post any questions, comments, or additional info. Thank you!

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

how about disable smail during showdown?

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Why disable smail?
The person who knows who the killer is wins the showdown, so why bother telling others to say they are going to be second place?

Besides agencies can have other ways to communicate.
If you really want to prevent abuse, agency members should not win challenge points among each other.

That would be a pitty and i am not sugesting it,
since the showdown is a competition between agency members as well!.... we do not let each other win (cheat).

If other agencies try to do that, its their choise but its just NOT cool!
and a shame.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

hehe, just a suggestion only. ^_^

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

I agree with isaac. As of now the only benefit of a showdown goes to the #1 winner (1 challenge point). If that winner was to turn around and help another player to finish, the other player gains no real benefit. I say, leave it how it is. As of now, there are only a couple of agencies participating in the showdowns, and mainly against each other!

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Appreciate you suggestion , with all respect Josheph.
Hope we can play a showdown soon! C ya!

Droid
Droid

It's pretty obvious (to me at least) that people who are interested in games that involve playing against the clock aren't likely to sign up to SoM. I don't know how many users there are subscribed and at 10,000 plus experience but I do know not many people are interested in showdowns because I can count the number of people who play them regularly on one hand.

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

I like to think SoM has something for everyone!
:)

Droid
Droid

Hey, you look just like Cinders

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Depends on what we're doing at the moment when we went to showdown lobby. In Facebook, I'm playing like 7 games, that needs me to use my energy to do something or another.

^_^ But still when the time is right, I will join showdown. ^_^

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Agreed. No need to disable anything. #1 is #1. True all others get points if they meet the deadline, but lets face it no one cares about experience points, they want the Challenge Point. And, that is the way it should be.

Now, as fare as two people doing showdown that are in same agency, there are various reasons for that. So as long as it is a resource, why not use it.

And as Joseph said, when the time is right I too will join the showdown. I just can not do it while I am at work which seems to be the time most of you all do it.

Remember, we all are on different time zones.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help