Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

New Multi Sleuth Showdown Schedule

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

We're going to be expanding the depth and rewards associated with the Multi Sleuth Showdowns. In order to support this, we're expanding the number of showdowns so that they now occur every hour, on the hour, with the exception of midnight (US Mountain Time GMT-7).

As I've hinted before, completing showdowns will be one way to earn Challenge Points which can be used to buy new items and unlock other upcoming content.

In the meantime, you may want to get in a little practice by taking part in a Showdown or two.

Replies
A.K.A
A.K.A

YES! I can't wait! I discovered the Showdowns a little while ago and I love them. Thank you, Ben!

Droid
Droid

I am a bit confused about the showdown FAQ where it says "There must be at least two participants or the Showdown will be cancelled.". This doesn't seem to be the case.

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

I have participated solo, wish more would join.
And when do we get these challenge points, if you compete alone do you not get one?

Droid
Droid

Too much like a "shoot em up" where the person with the fastest PC and least network latency wins for me to bother with.

Night Owl
Night Owl

Yep i have to agree with you there Droid. My PC isn't particularly fast but i've just played a Showdown and it makes the game jerky with the constant refreshing, even worse to play than a 'normal case'.
If this is the only way in the future to win these Challenge points then it looks like my detective will be naked ;)

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

I never had problems with connecting to showdown, only the lobby chat sometimes did not appear.
For those with slow internet this whole game is not suited,
at the homepage is stated 'Broadband is required'.

- Perhaps every participant that solves the case should get 1 challenge point, and the winner gets more points.

Droid
Droid

It's a bit more than whether you have broadband Isaac, Night Owl and I both have broadband, the latency of Amazon S3 is also part of the problem. That varies depending in which country you live.

It might be a client issue, if the clock was removed that might solve it.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

It should be noted that there are two factors in how high your Showdown score:

1) Real Time taken to complete case
2) Game time taken to complete

So, if you are good at efficiently solving cases you can make up some score against players who are maybe not as efficient but are playing on a faster connection. Or on a faster computer.

Night Owl, initially (soon!) Challenge Points will be available through both Showdowns and Treasure Hunts. I'd like to add other ways to earn them soon after, but the intention is to make them only available by taking part in PVP parts of the game (hence the name, Challenge Points).

Mr E. Mann
Mr E. Mann

I have the same problem with internet speed, i too have broadband but i did a showdown yesterday and finished it in exactly the same game time as the other detective but was 5 mins behind (real time). I could not have completed the case any sooner due to waiting for suspect to come back home to accuse.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

I have the same encounter as well, while I was doing an AI case, 40 mins before showdown start, but end up the showdown started already while I'm still half-way unlocking my 6th & 7th suspects.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help