Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Quick Quiz

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

1) How much would you pay for an item that permanently raised your standing with all contacts by 5 points?

2) How much would you pay for an item that cut the amount of time used by evidence analysis skills in half?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

1) How much would you pay for an item that permanently raised your standing with all contacts by 5 points?

$250,000

2) How much would you pay for an item that cut the amount of time used by evidence analysis skills in half?

$500,000

3) How much would you pay for an item that permanently increased one of your skill levels?

$1,000,000

Thank you Ben for the new contents. ^_^

jen plaidy
jen plaidy

1/ If it's one item for all contacts, then 75k - 100k, if it's one item per contact then about 5k each time.

2/ I hadn't realised that analysing did cost time until I read Watson's post - I only look at the clock when near the end of the case - so I wouldn't pay anything at the moment. Of course, if the deadlines were to become tighter in the future that would be different.

3/ It would depend on how much the skill was increased by, also, could you only buy the item once, or could you buy several of them and increase different skills?

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

1A) Raise your standing with all contacts by 5 points.
I would not recommend making this function available, it feels like cheating.
But if you ask how much I would say:
20 townies x 25k = 500k

1B) Raise your standing with 1 contact by 5 points

Permanently
The amount of 25k per item would make it challenging to buy them.
And will take several years to get all townies to permanently to 25

Temporary
Should cost half the price of a permanent item. Say 12,5 k.
This is like buying a favor case.
A limit is required per sleuth day to prevent abuse during treasure hunts.

Droid
Droid

On your 1B Isaac I don't think there was a suggestion of having the item twice for 10 points.

Wátson is a bit wrong about 1 hour, it's two hours per item examined I think.

I hadn't noticed picking up skeleton keys or documents took game time, may have to change strategy.

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

If the items can not be applied multiple times to 5,10,15 etc.
I don't see the use of this function 1B anymore.
What good is a townie with 5 standing?

Melody Anne
Melody Anne

If you could keep priest/realtor/socialite at 5 permanently then you wouldn't ever have to use docs to ask about encoded notes....

Isaac Mendez
Isaac Mendez

Excellent point Melody :)

Droid
Droid

I assume it would not actually increase their listed standing points but instead of giving an extra question at 15 points they would give it at 10.

Fletchi
Fletchi

if you set price too high, then those newer sluths are guan get a boring game for aGES as it take a fair while to earn the amount of money sugested by some users. and some of us dont have hours to spend here every day. ive beenusing for a month now and dont seem to be getting very far .

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Fletchi,

According to the Broadcast msg i sent to all members, if you have any issues on doing cases, you can let me or the officers know.

Btw, I only have $24000 with me now, hence I'm suggesting the price to be set higher as Sleuth Admin mentioned that these coats bring permanent bonuses, unless I got it wrong, then he could always set it lower. ^_^

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help