Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Cheating, Hacking and 3rd Party Software

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

The following has been added to the Code of Conduct:

ILLEGAL HACKING ACTIVITIES:

Any breaches of US or international cyber crime or wire fraud laws will be prosecuted. The perpetrators will be banned permanently from Hypoware games and their Sleuth subscriptions will be forfeit without any refunds. Examples of illegal hacking include (but are not limited to): attempting to hack or compromise Hypoware server security, distributing or injecting malicious software code into either the Sleuth server or client code, launching a denial of service attack against Hypoware servers, stealing or intercepting personal or financial user records, spoofing or stealing paid Sleuth subscriptions.

BOTS AND AUTOMATED GAME SCRIPTING:

It is not permitted to create or use any program that automates Sleuth game play or circumvents the Sleuth game client in order to speed in-game advancement. Practically speaking, this rule prohibits use of any third party program, script or plugin that SENDS data to Sleuth servers. First offenses will result in loss of 50\% of detective experience and commensurate loss of skill points and skills. Subsequent offenses will result in full detective resets.

URL HACKING / WEB REQUEST SPOOFING:

Modifying, duplicating or spoofing data messages generated by the Sleuth client is considered cheating. First offenses will result in loss of 20\% of detective experience and commensurate loss of skill points and skills. Second offenses will result in loss of 50\% of detective experience and commensurate loss of skill points and skills. Subsequent offenses will result in full detective resets.

ABUSING KNOWN AND PUBLISHED EXPLOITS

If a game administrator announces and describes a particular activity or strategy to be an exploit of the game on the Message Boards, any further use of that tactic (after the announcement) will result in a full detective reset.

HELPER APS / CASE STATUS TRACKERS / CRIME SCENE SEARCHING AIDS

It is permissible to use programs, scripts or plugins that passively READ data sent from the Sleuth server

Replies
sonicdx
sonicdx

i get it .

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

Reply deleted by Moderator.

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

Reply deleted by Moderator.

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

So.........Joseph states an opinion about something, and does NOT mention any names, and the comments are deleted?? I guess this proves what he was trying to say.....

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

And obviously those players involved has a good and direct connection with the Moderator.

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

Only people(s) with a guilty conscience would assume you meant them, so that is why they ask for reply to be deleted. I have made several comments in the past about certain individuals, sometimes I mentioned names, and sometimes I did not. To have a reply deleted that was NOT in violation of the code of conduct is silly. I could understand if you said someones name and they got offended, but you didn't. Once again people are taking this way too personal. Many people tell me to remember that this is just a game, so maybe they too need to remember that as well.

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

Thanks ICY, at least you saw my posts above and also knew about the situation, so once Admin comes online and check this post, I will send him the screen capture. Yes, this is just a game, but if those people(s) think they can cheat their way through with the game just because Admin seldom comes online and also because they have a good connection with a Moderator, then this game has turned into a meaningless game.

Btw, when a Moderator deletes post, he/she should mention what is the reason for the post to get deleted. I didn't receive any PM from Moderator so this Moderator has done it as well by protecting the cheating player(s).

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

Also should mention the fact that the 2 highest ranked EXP players in the game got there by doing cases in real time and real life, no bots or server manipulation was used to amass the EXP level of those 2 players.
Oh? I better not mention those 2 detectives names or they may ask mod to delete it. hahaha.

Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen

Nice one ICY ^_^ Actually doing cases is not that hard as its just a matter of never give up.

Really Red
Really Red

well yes Ben plz look into such issues and players which/who are defaming the game and check if someone is cheating(or not).

And I would also like to bring it to your consideration and send you a few mail copies and chat screen shots where recently one of the vintage player has tried to harrass and threaten over miniscule issues.
And then even the blackmailing has started asking to either do "this" or i 'll do "that".
Also plz look into the matter where a few such players are trying to defame the game by mentioning every other thing as wrong bcoz of their own complex that turned into a "Sour-Grapes" situation. There have been a few self-obsessed players who out of frustation keep calling everything else as a cheat(just bcoz they were unable to learn and understand it).
So Ben plz check if any Bots/helper apps or any server manipulation has been into the game or not...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help