Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Is there sense still playing? - detective vs bots ...

Azar
Azar

Hi,
Today I have first doubts - should I play or should I stop ... Why?

I have had a plenty of time today, so I was starting playing ...

About 4AM server time (high noon Central European Time) I checked AIU's standing - 126570 and KKK's standing - 73924). After solving 3RH cases I had extra 24 points - it took me about 45 minutes (quite fast, but of course it could be done a little faster). Next I checked KKK standing - 322 points more - it means 46 SH cases - average 1SH case per minute. After a few more minutes L.D Wallen solved next 23 cases. In sum L.D. Wallen solved in less than 2 hours 59 SH cases.

Any comments?

Are we human or robot?

Ben could You humanize our game? What is the sense playing, when I play half of a day and finish about 15 cases, so bots do 60 cases in 2 hours ....

Are we still feeling spirit of competition?

Azar

Replies
Jojo
Jojo

And, for the record, if this bot were created strictly for learning and experimental purposes, I would be fine with that. But let's make sure that that bot can't gain any exp points or fame for anyone.

Droid
Droid

The server is horrendously slow at the moment, I'm pretty sure it is partly due to Milnot's bots hammering it.

Night Owl
Night Owl

Yup i'm with you on that one Droid :(
It's so slow i'm falling asleep between screens!!!!!!!!!!!

Droid
Droid

It wouldn't be too bad if he used his bots outside peak hours but with each one being the equivalent of about 20 normal people (who think for a bit in between asking a suspect a question) it means there are over 100 players online at the moment and it always goes slow when there are that many of us.

Night Owl
Night Owl

Ahhhhh, but where's the sense in slowing down the server when non of the top players are logged in?
I always wondered why when certain folk were logged in it went slower than normal hmmmmmmmmmm.

Want a beer Droid ? I'm at work late tomorrow :)

Droid
Droid

Jonny's said this earlier...

2) Taking advantage of bugs or exploits to gain an advantage in the game is forbidden. This includes URL manipulation, cookie editing, server attacks, network sniffing, etc.

Now I must admit I do the equivalent of network sniffing in a minor way, being partially blind I look at the debug file of Flash player to make sure I haven't missed something at the crime scene. It's the equivalent of using the Tab key but a little easier for me.

URL manipulation though allows you to send commands to the database without the interaction of the Flash client. In a client-server application (which this game is) half the security is built into the client and half into the database. If you access the database without going through the client you might be able to ask for leads from someone you haven't even met for example. I ask Bilbot to state categorically with his hand on his heart (or on hid Botty) that he isn't using such an exploit.

Veronicas Veil
Veronicas Veil

@Droid, If you would adjust your hat or get another one that really fits you, you might be able to see.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Well we in PIC happen to like his hat and asked him to put it back on. Maybe you just didn't notice that he removed it for awhile.

Anyway what does his hat have anything to do with the content of this thread. Of course my reply dosen't either and is bordering on that bickering thing BUT...

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

BTW if that was meant as a joke, I am truly sorry. Just wanted to point out you forgot the LOL at the end

Veronicas Veil
Veronicas Veil

@Mercey, Yes I notice when he wears it and doesn't wear it. I love it. I was simply joking. I guess that I hardly ever use LOL or smilies. Sorry.

I never complain about my friend Droid. He hasn't given me reason to complain.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help