Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Overall Detectives High Scores

Cinderella
Cinderella

As I look at the Overall Detectives High Scores, I noticed that we have a lot of detectives with less cases jumping up the ladder probably because of someone boosting them and giving them harder cases then they would normally get and finishing them for them. I am not talking about once in a while or a similar case close to what they are doing, but much higher cases. Notice how many cases are done and notice their scores.

The detectives that had to learn the hard way are going to be passed by on the list by detectives that someone made it easier for. I guess that you can't really use this as an indication without looking at who is doing what.

What an insult to the oldies.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Droid:

Remember you were once complaining about how long it took Revolution Phoenix Team to finish their TH? and they managed to won it later on? Do you want to know who helped them? Here's a log file of my smail:

To: Detective Joseph Chen
Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 18:28

RosieS has changed your rank to Officer.

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 18:54

Miinck has changed your rank to Officer.

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 19:05

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 19:23

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 19:32

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 19:50

here's the screenshot:
http://www.geocities.com/josephchen2003/HelpRPT.jpg

Petrelli
Petrelli

starting presses at Primatech Paper for latest tabloid on sleuth

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

Sorry for my earlier post, I hadn't realized you had already left, Cinderella. Bye! Best of luck!

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

@Night Owl

Who said, we were adults or even human beings? I am, myself, a 6 years old hommit and humbly proud of that :)

Jojo
Jojo

The question that it boils down to is:

Do you play the game just for the high scores? Or do you truly love the experience of sitting down, solving some puzzle games, and interacting with people who also enjoy it?

Don't fret too much over the high scores, no matter what is affecting them. Just enjoy your time while you're logged in to Sleuth. You'll be better for it.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

When you play, you need some goals. Competition may be one of them. Most people love to see their name on top of an honor list.

Maybe we need more top lists like a "never subscribed" players top (not good for the business, but more true to the player's intrinsic qualities) or a ladder tournament (cf Blizzard's Battlenet), where everybody starts anew periodically (say every 6 months).

Other achievements: greatest number of objects grabbed (or by category like the top shoe taker), shortest time needed to solve a game (real or game time like in showdowns), top posters in forum, most beloved detective, ...

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

Here we go again!! I'm starting to think you people have nothing to do in real life that's why you keep bringing the same issue up again and again.. Besides Bilbot who's a 6 year old hommit, i'm sure you are all grown-up and have stopped whining a long time ago but just CAN'T resist the chance to revisit your childhood days..

I feel sorry for all of you, i really hope you had someone to help you with your cases like some of us, i've accepted cases from Joseph but that wasn't until i played a lot of my own and reached 100k+ xp so that wasn't newbie boosting, it was rather a nice gesture as he wanted me to try more difficult cases and i had no problem accepting and thanking him for them and let me tell you it wasn't in order to help me climb the high score ladder, as being on top of it means nothing whatsoever to me but as a friend and a director who seeks helping members in his agency. I bet that if any of you had the chance that we had at ZO you all would've taken the cases but of course this requirs that you take off your self righteous masks.

During the time i spent in ZO almost everyone refused to accept the SH and RH at first because they needed some time to build their inventory and skill points on their own so i believe that their decision to accept RH cases from Joseph later on doesn't make them cheaters as they have played loads of Vh and IH till they were fed up and thought that it's time to try something more difficult, what is wrong with that? Doesn't break the rules, so it's okay.. Pisses you off? Who cares..
Hugs.

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

And they weren't ready to solve cases, they were untouched ones so we earned our xp, money and skill points.

Droid
Droid

@Joseph, I wasn't complaining about them taking a long time, just having a bit of fun at them getting stuck. You can poke fun at PiC taking nearly a week over a hunt if you want.

I respect you for going in there and helping them, you may remember I posted a thread in detective recruiting about offering services on a contract basis just like that.

And I would like to try an AI case because I'm sure I can do it even if I don't get them offered, just one though; I'm only interested in hunts so only do beginners cases except for favours.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Droid:

Droid Apr-4-2009 10:32

Looking for a player who does 12 cases per day to keep up with treasure hunting. Will even consider ZO clones.

Droid Apr-4-2009 05:24

And I would like to try an AI case because I'm sure I can do it even if I don't get them offered, just one though; I'm only interested in hunts so only do beginners cases except for favours.
--------------

lol...no wonder you haven't unlocked RH on your own.... ^_^

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help