Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Overall Detectives High Scores

Cinderella
Cinderella

As I look at the Overall Detectives High Scores, I noticed that we have a lot of detectives with less cases jumping up the ladder probably because of someone boosting them and giving them harder cases then they would normally get and finishing them for them. I am not talking about once in a while or a similar case close to what they are doing, but much higher cases. Notice how many cases are done and notice their scores.

The detectives that had to learn the hard way are going to be passed by on the list by detectives that someone made it easier for. I guess that you can't really use this as an indication without looking at who is doing what.

What an insult to the oldies.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Rose:

Maybe because she can't do as much cases as the new players, that's why she's creating trouble with everybody in the community.

@Cind:

You know what, I'm going to post it right here. I'm willing to leave my agency for 1 - 2 weeks after I've achieve 4M xp, to visit other agencies to store 30 AI cases for agencies who would like to give them a try.

@ All Agencies:
Same as before, I will never store RTA. Those who would like to try them, please let me know & Sleuth Admin, if this is against the rules, pls let me know now, so that I will not leave my agency to make this offer to other agencies.

Petrelli
Petrelli

Innocent man accused.
The killer was wearing a hat.

Night Owl
Night Owl

I wasn't going to add anything to this thread, but........i think this is getting out of hand and very childish.

Within your own agencies i think you have the right to develop your team members whichever way you see fit. It has NOTHING to do with anyone else what goes on inside an agency. If however Ben wishes to set rules at any time it's up to him and NO ONE else to decide what should and shouldn't happen regarding rules.

If, as an individual you like to set rules and stand by them within your own agency...then do it. There is no point setting your own agency standards against anyone else's as obviously no one is going to agree on everything and different agencies have different game strategies.

In much the same way...this is a GAME, it's supposed to be FUN. You play to the best of your own abilities and if someone should offer to help you then you can either accept or politely decline. Morally you should also do as you see fit. Please remember this site isn't just for adults, children play regularly here and i'm sure we aren't setting the best example to them by constantly flaming each other.

In a nutshell........unless stated otherwise by BEN continue as you all see fit :) If the rules do change in any way, i'm sure all of us would abide with them.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Thank you Night Owl.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Droid:

Remember you were once complaining about how long it took Revolution Phoenix Team to finish their TH? and they managed to won it later on? Do you want to know who helped them? Here's a log file of my smail:

To: Detective Joseph Chen
Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 18:28

RosieS has changed your rank to Officer.

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 18:54

Miinck has changed your rank to Officer.

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 19:05

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 19:23

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 19:32

Sent: Mar 3, 2009 - 19:50

here's the screenshot:
http://www.geocities.com/josephchen2003/HelpRPT.jpg

Petrelli
Petrelli

starting presses at Primatech Paper for latest tabloid on sleuth

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

Sorry for my earlier post, I hadn't realized you had already left, Cinderella. Bye! Best of luck!

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

@Night Owl

Who said, we were adults or even human beings? I am, myself, a 6 years old hommit and humbly proud of that :)

Jojo
Jojo

The question that it boils down to is:

Do you play the game just for the high scores? Or do you truly love the experience of sitting down, solving some puzzle games, and interacting with people who also enjoy it?

Don't fret too much over the high scores, no matter what is affecting them. Just enjoy your time while you're logged in to Sleuth. You'll be better for it.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

When you play, you need some goals. Competition may be one of them. Most people love to see their name on top of an honor list.

Maybe we need more top lists like a "never subscribed" players top (not good for the business, but more true to the player's intrinsic qualities) or a ladder tournament (cf Blizzard's Battlenet), where everybody starts anew periodically (say every 6 months).

Other achievements: greatest number of objects grabbed (or by category like the top shoe taker), shortest time needed to solve a game (real or game time like in showdowns), top posters in forum, most beloved detective, ...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help