Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Overall Detectives High Scores

Cinderella
Cinderella

As I look at the Overall Detectives High Scores, I noticed that we have a lot of detectives with less cases jumping up the ladder probably because of someone boosting them and giving them harder cases then they would normally get and finishing them for them. I am not talking about once in a while or a similar case close to what they are doing, but much higher cases. Notice how many cases are done and notice their scores.

The detectives that had to learn the hard way are going to be passed by on the list by detectives that someone made it easier for. I guess that you can't really use this as an indication without looking at who is doing what.

What an insult to the oldies.

Replies
Azar
Azar

Miinck - I know it and I am the last person who accuse You of cheating. For me Your situation is clear and acceptable.

I don't like situation, when one detective has one-few pets and feeding them. But like I have noticed (checking pets experience progress) it is only short-term strategy. Main detective lose his/her enhusiasm after few days/weeks (at most).

It is funny, but Cind controlled L.D. Wallen a few days ago ... For people, who are not GODs - L. D. Wallen is former pet of Milmot2. Who control that avatar (LDW) now - I don't know.

Droid
Droid

I guess a beginner with no cases can solve an RH cases if they bribe every townie they can and give a gift to each suspect. Is this solving it using their own effort though? They certainly won't have enough money or gifts without being given them. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that, sending money to help them and filling up the locker for them is what agencies are all about.

Bilbot can confirm that as a detective with only starting skills it takes several gifts to solve SH cases, he said as much when doing his challenge.

Miinck
Miinck

Thank you, Azar. I appreciate that.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

I can't tell for sure about SH cases as I played them when almost all my townies were at 40 at least. In the worst case (suspects not willing to reveal the motive of the main suspect), I needed 3 gifts and a lot of money to accuse the culprit. But usually a bribe or 2 is enough plus the cost for keys.

I can imagine that a real beginner, doing a RH or SH case, will need a gift per suspect *and* townie (you can bribe a townie only once and it is common to ask more than 2 questions to a townie). But the real fun is when you have an encoded note and 0 standing with the minion, who can decode it :)

Droid
Droid

The second case ought to be fairly straight forwards though, over 100 skill points for the first one gives several int and charm skills.

John Roby
John Roby

I agree that those you have a low number of cases seems strange that they are in the top 30! less than 1000 cases and all 500k plusi do know. maybe things are to easy now. I got where i am by 30 cases a day for a while, and my group shades and dylan have worked real hard on there own to reach the top 30. ZO is suspect how they made there members and primatech leaders so high so quick, but i can say jarrek earned his! I say from here on out those with skill will last those who do not will stop or leave

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Well now this thread seems to be a carry over from the Newbie Boosting thread. I could be wrong now, but I think this whole thing started with a certain incident that just got way out of hand.

I posted once to the Newbie Boosting thread and , I know my facts weren't exactly correct as you all pointed out, but the meaning behind it was and I think misunderstood.

Since my last post, many of the most experienced players in the game have responded with facts that they have all reseached, proven, etc.. I realize now that each in doing, whatever and however they were, had thier own reasons and the receiving detective always had the option to decline help.

I was fortunate to be one of the detectives that AIU helped. I struggled in the beginning as all new detectives do but when I was ready, they pushed me to go higher. As stated by Azar, he put it there if I wanted it. Unsolved and totally up to me. Some of the other detectives, Droid, Night Owl, Cinderella, they wouldn't let me wimp out and be afraid to try.

All that said and in the end, boosting is really who wants to be boosted and who is willing to help them. All I was trying to say before was at some point they have to be on thier own.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Mercey, I was not giving you any cases. I was telling you that you could do the higher cases that you were being offered, then what you were doing. According to all of your skils that you had. You were just not sure of yourself to take the higher cases that were given to you. I had rh cases in my locker, but I did not do them for anyone as I recall.

Also something else that I want to say is that I never ever referred to bilbot as a cheater.

It actually was directed to someone else.

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

Um, question? If you are unsubscribing and not playing anymore... why are you still posting? Just wondering.

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

Cinderella, I never said you gave me any cases. I believe I was giving you, Droid and Night Owl koodos for helping me believe in myself.

Nobody ever "GAVE ME CASES"! I was just trying to put an end to this newbie boosting thing.

Everyone has their own opinon on the matter and each in it's own way makes sence. Yours, mine, theirs. When it comes to opinions nobody is right or wrong. That is the great thing about being allowed to have one. Even if it dosen't agree with ours.

I am sorry to anyone that I have offended if any.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help