Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Overall Detectives High Scores

Cinderella
Cinderella

As I look at the Overall Detectives High Scores, I noticed that we have a lot of detectives with less cases jumping up the ladder probably because of someone boosting them and giving them harder cases then they would normally get and finishing them for them. I am not talking about once in a while or a similar case close to what they are doing, but much higher cases. Notice how many cases are done and notice their scores.

The detectives that had to learn the hard way are going to be passed by on the list by detectives that someone made it easier for. I guess that you can't really use this as an indication without looking at who is doing what.

What an insult to the oldies.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Probably you didn't know this:

To: Detective Joseph Chen
Sent: Feb 27, 2009 - 00:07

You have recieved a gift subscription from Miinck.

Gift Message:

For just can't Get enough Of that Dude..

Miinck.

--------------------------------
Now, do you want a screenshot proof as well on this msg? Do I have to explain every single thing to you, why I'm willing to give so many RHs for Miinck to do? You know what, you're just trying to destroy all your friendship here with peoples and I guess you've succeeded to destroy your friendship with me. That's all I can say.

flbluejay
flbluejay

Get a grip Cinderella. You can ask anyone in ZO, we weren't given ready to accuse cases. We solve them on our own or we don't get them. This thought may not have occurred to you, but some of us refuse to do any lower level cases after we have achieved a certain level. Not even during TH, which, as I understand was the practice at AIU. When you do all sh cases and rh when you get the chance, you climb faster. Not to mention, you have to accept the fact that some of us are just fast. Look at the number of cases we have solved in the time that we have been here. Perhaps you should start over with your math before you start accusing people. This is just a game! Quit being a downer.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Isn't it funny how many people responded to this right a way to provide excuses.

Everyone knows by the cases done, who has cheated. You will receive so many cases before you can up the ladder.

We all know who is the ring leader, because everyone stands up for him all the time. I guess why not, he has boosted everyone so fast.

I wasn't born yesterday.

No more comments from me, as I am unsubscribing and finished playing this game.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Cinderella, please, calm down :) Remember: write what you think in Notepad and if you still feel like publishing it a few days later, copy and paste in the forum.

There are several causes for people rocketing up the ladder:

- before November, we were limited to 640 exp points per case. Now, SH games give you twice as much exp and RH 4 times (no mentioning AI cases). Even limited to 4 cases a day, as I didn't subscribe, I will reach 400,000 exp in roughly 5 months with an average of 640 exp points per game. This would have been impossible before November.

- the more game you solve each day, the more experience you get. A subscribed player can play 30 cases a day so (s)he can win 36K exp a day (or 72K if above 1,000,000 exp). However you'll have to spend (too) much time playing SoM each day :)

- when you are in an agency, you can play your cases and saved cases. So you are able to play more than 30 cases a day.

- when you are in an agency with an over 1,000,000 detective, you can play saved RH cases, although you'd be allowed to do that with your own cases.

Azar
Azar

I agree with bilbot - look at crazy milmot2 history - in 220 days he solved 3609 cases (average >16 per day), but his average score was only 554 points per case, because these days the hardest case was IH (hareder cases were introduced a few days before milmot2 dead).

I stored many RH cases in agency, but I only opened that cases and member - if (s)he wanted could solve it - there were not any other help from my side. For me it is acceptable.

I don't like situation, when one well-experienced detective has his/her own pet(s) and feeding it with solved cases, but like I wrote above we are not talking about it in this thread.

Miinck
Miinck

Let me make clear that I don't take solved cases.

Azar
Azar

Miinck - I know it and I am the last person who accuse You of cheating. For me Your situation is clear and acceptable.

I don't like situation, when one detective has one-few pets and feeding them. But like I have noticed (checking pets experience progress) it is only short-term strategy. Main detective lose his/her enhusiasm after few days/weeks (at most).

It is funny, but Cind controlled L.D. Wallen a few days ago ... For people, who are not GODs - L. D. Wallen is former pet of Milmot2. Who control that avatar (LDW) now - I don't know.

Droid
Droid

I guess a beginner with no cases can solve an RH cases if they bribe every townie they can and give a gift to each suspect. Is this solving it using their own effort though? They certainly won't have enough money or gifts without being given them. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that, sending money to help them and filling up the locker for them is what agencies are all about.

Bilbot can confirm that as a detective with only starting skills it takes several gifts to solve SH cases, he said as much when doing his challenge.

Miinck
Miinck

Thank you, Azar. I appreciate that.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

I can't tell for sure about SH cases as I played them when almost all my townies were at 40 at least. In the worst case (suspects not willing to reveal the motive of the main suspect), I needed 3 gifts and a lot of money to accuse the culprit. But usually a bribe or 2 is enough plus the cost for keys.

I can imagine that a real beginner, doing a RH or SH case, will need a gift per suspect *and* townie (you can bribe a townie only once and it is common to ask more than 2 questions to a townie). But the real fun is when you have an encoded note and 0 standing with the minion, who can decode it :)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help