Community - Message Boards

The Gumshoe Lounge

Ask bilbot-the-hommit

Cinderella
Cinderella

I decided to start this thread because we have been asking bilbot-the-hommit lots of question.

I hope that you don't mind, bilbot-the-hommit

Replies
Miinck
Miinck

On behalf of Joseph, I can tell he's respect to the game and the creator of the game is and has been the greatest I know. You don't know him at all, Cind.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Miinck, I don't know if you are Joseph or not. I asked Joseph a question not you.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Again: for me, cheating = breaking the rules. In modern civilizations, everything, not forbidden by a rule, is allowed.

With computers, it is even simpler: if you can do it, do it. It is the software programmer's duty to integrate the necessary rules to prevent unofficial play style.

Two examples:

-Although it would be great to have more than 3 favor cases a day, you can't play more than 3, as Ben controls this.

- For cases sharing, I think, that Ben intended it to help other detectives solve cases, they were unable to solve alone. I don't think, he foresaw, that case sharing would allow rushing young detectives. There is a simple way to avoid this: experience points go to the saver.

So we can discuss hours after hours, what is cheating or not. The answer lies in Ben's hands. If he doesn't feel like programming a rule to forbid such or such activity, well, it is not cheating (but creative playing) and why refrain?

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

Miinck is not Joseph, Cinderella.

As to your questions... if it is not forbidden in the rules, it is not cheating, from a highly technical standpoint. If you take in moral and ethical obligations to one's self and the community, well, I think most people can figure that out on their own.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

A good example of cheating: sharing cases on the same IP address.

Ben explicitly disallows case sharing on the same IP address (in fact he probably meant by the same player). However you can eliminate this restriction by using a proxy. Doing so is cheating. But I don't care :)

However playing several detectives is not cheating. I feel, that not telling others is not very honest, but it is not cheating.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Thanks for answering my question bilbot. Now I am waiting for Joseph's answer.

Cinderella
Cinderella

BTW, Where is Captain Scarlett when you need him?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Cind,

I definitely respect the game creator. ^_^

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

I don't understand why is sharing cases and allowing young detectives to solve RH, SH or even AI cases when they're still solving Int. or IH cases such a big deal, it's a matter of choice that the person who gives those cases and only that person should make so whether (s)he wants the younger detectives to have a lot of xp from solving those cases or not, is up to them to decide and it doesn't need a certain rule ....The solution to that problem is quite easy you can always give the younger detective a chance to try solving them and when they are ready to accuse, all they have to do is save the case back and the giver of this case will finish it and have his exp. and the money.

Droid
Droid

I think it's something to do with getting 110 skill points for the first case you do Sissy.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help