Community - Message Boards

The Gumshoe Lounge

Ask bilbot-the-hommit

Cinderella
Cinderella

I decided to start this thread because we have been asking bilbot-the-hommit lots of question.

I hope that you don't mind, bilbot-the-hommit

Replies
Cinderella
Cinderella

Good to see you again Nikki, you are a Great Detective as you detected an imposter who has never solved a case.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Question for bilbot, what does a bot look like, how long does it take to make one. Might be stupid questions for some, but I would like to know. I would also think that a person would have to be very creative and intelligent to design this.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

About showdowns: when I played showdowns as Milmot, I made a habit to sleuth mail other showdowners, who was the culprit: actually the first detective, who found the murderer, told the others. Everybody won, so I think, it is both fair, honorable, generous, and advisable.

About bots: around 3 days. A bot plays most of the game for you (a bot can move the mouse, click or send keys) and leaves the tricky decisions to you.

Cinderella
Cinderella

How much of the game does it play and how much do you have to play? Like Bot-50, you-50. I used that as an example of what I meant. Also have you made other bots to do other things other than using in games?

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

Well first of all what a hilarious thread, although i kindda gave up on sleuth, i still come here every other day to read the posts and unfortunately i'm always late. * Reply deleted by moderator* isn't that everyone's nightmare? btw i'm not bashing mods. here for doing their job, so all attackers hold your fire. :P..

On a side note: Aren't bots fantastic, i've always wanted to be smart, i'm jealous of you Bilbot.

Captain Black: This isn't cheating, it's called helping, like Bilbot said it's honorabl and generous that's why we love Joseph :)..

I would like to know the answer to Cinderella's last question as well... I'll be back soon, hope it won't be too late this time. :)

Cinderella
Cinderella

My lips are forever sealed. Sorry. The bot stole my response from my mind. We do miss you. It is never a dull moment here anymore. When we get bored, we just make up things to do or talk about.

BTW, I bet every man wished he had a bot woman.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Bots are useful whenever you have to do the same thing again and again.

For example, I read each day 15 information sites. I put the 15 URLs in a Firefox bookmark folder. To read the 15 sites, I only need to click on "open folder" to real all sites.

For SoM, I have 3 bots:

- one reads all cases offered and list them all on one page (it is very convenient for favor cases). I hope Ben will implement the "all cases on a page" new feature soon :) One click instead of up to 32 clicks!

- another one prepares a case for me: visiting all townies's houses and getting the objects, analyzing evidences at the flop house, and asking alibis (in short, all the boring tasks). It is so convenient I use it now for every case. It saves so many clicks I can't count them.

- the last one does all the work (no real interest but fun to create).

Cinderella
Cinderella

Very interesting. I agree that they should all be on one page. You still have to go to the townie anyhow.

If you had another bot, would you divide the work differently?

Also using a bot, doesn't make one close their eyes when they go to click on a dead person. As the bot decides where to click.

Thanks for the information on how they work.

flbluejay
flbluejay

Sorry, guys I know this has already been answered by others, but I feel it is my duty to defend Joseph. No offense intended, and yes Joseph I know this will sound arrogant, but you know me well. There are very few detectives that actually bother to participate in showdowns, so I'm not sure why this is an issue. All you have to do is check the history to see who actually competes. When we were zen oracles, we did participate in many showdowns, simply because they are fun. The only reason we ever offered to let anyone know the killer was to keep some one from getting disqualified and getting a missed deadline. We rarely manage to talk Joseph into competing and we certainly don't give him clues when he does. We love the competition. Honestly, Joseph doesn't have to tell any of us the killer because all the past members of zen oracles are fast case solvers. I'm sorry if you felt slighted in a competition, but if you want us to beat you fair and square we will. Pick which member you want to compete against from Chasing dreams and we will try to have them there when you specify.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Cinderella:
1) Do you respect this game at all?
2) Do you respect the creator of this game?

@Captain Black:
1) Did I ever cross your line in any way?
2) Did it ever come across your mind to use your original detective make post?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help