Community - Message Boards

The Gumshoe Lounge

Ask bilbot-the-hommit

Cinderella
Cinderella

I decided to start this thread because we have been asking bilbot-the-hommit lots of question.

I hope that you don't mind, bilbot-the-hommit

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

ohh, I have a question as well, but nothing related to this game. May I know what does the word > "Redux" mean?

Eg: Ashes Of Time (underneath written "Redux")

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

The word was coined in Tucson, AZ, USA during the Cold War circa May 19th, 1953 by the late Joe "Latin is for sissies" Bull: redux = contraction of "red sucks". It is a very pejorative synonym of "communist"

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

lol. could you tell us ther cure anyway. Sounds like it would be interestig.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Reply deleted by Moderator.

Cinderella
Cinderella

NadineAnn
NadineAnn

ms helen
ms helen

Moving this to gumshoe as it seems to have gone slightly off topic ;)

Captain Black
Captain Black

I would like to ask Bilbot if he thinks it is cheating for Joseph to play in a timed showdown but then tell other players who dunnit. It's obviously not against the rules (such as they are - or aren't) but it doesn't seem sporting to me.

I'd also like to ask him what he thinks of a moderator deleting posts carte-blanche.

Anyone seen Captain Scarlett? he's gone AWOL again.

NadineAnn
NadineAnn

Captain Black, I would like to say a few things about your post. There are hardly any rules so if it is not written down as a rule, I guess that it is ok.

There are very few on SOM that don't cheat in some way or another.
I say cheat because I feel that I found out an advantage over someone else. There are hardly any rules. So is it cheating. Do you think that real life detectives cheat at times, I think so.

Sometimes someone posts a post that people take wrong, so as far as the moderators, I think that it is right. Sometimes I have posted things and i didn't know who the moderator was and wanted it deleted.

Captain Scarlett has been with me, secluded on an Island, just the two of us. I think that he is out of breath from kissing too much.

Please do not tell Cinderella!

Nikki Nicholls
Nikki Nicholls

Captain Black,

It is obvious the intent of your post was to stir up trouble hiding behind an alias.

First of all, there is no such thing as "cheating" in Sleuth unless Ben identifies a certain practice as cheating, which he rarely does. If you would like to debate something about Sleuth practices of other players that you don't feel are sporting, do so in a respectful manner and do not call out specific names of the detectives. It's tacky.

Second of all, the moderators can delete anything they feel is inappropriate "carte blanche". They do so according to the guidelines given to them by Ben and Sunny, which you do not see, and their interpretation of the Code of Conduct. If you have a specific issue with a moderator's decision, take it up with Ben. Do not post it on the message boards. Again... tacky.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help