Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Is Newbie boosting cheating?

Droid
Droid

If Id dump a whole pile of solved IH and RH cases in my agency for the rookies to take is it cheating?

Will it put them off playing for real because they don't get any skill points after the massive injection they get for "solving" those cases?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Rose,

Do you really think you understood what kind of person I am? If no, then pls don't comment on something which you're not sure of. Thanks.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

sorry for double-posting,

As a reminder to you, Rose: When all of you joined Zen Oracles previously, I've stated my intention clearly, that is to help new players in my agency to rise up fast enough to unlock their own SH/RH cases and once they've achieved that goal, they'll probably have to leave and create their own agency.

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

That has nothing to do with you wanting to be a lone wolf again. I am fine with no longer being in ZO, Joseph. Other than seeing some of my friends here less, I am satisfied with my present level of existence in Shades. If I recall, you were the one who just contacted me to re-explain what happened. I have not been pestering you trying to reform ZO or anything, and I am not quite sure what you mean by your second post there.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Mission Statement:

Zen Oracles = Emphasizes enlightenment for the student by the most direct possible means, accepting formal studies and observances only when they form a divine communication or revelation.

If you don't understand the 2nd post, re-read again ZO's mission statement. I thought my english is plain enough for you to understand what ZO's mission statement meant.

Jonny
Jonny

"Emphasizes enlightenment for the student by the most direct possible means, accepting formal studies and observances only when they form a divine communication or revelation. "

How does that clearly indicate any intentions? If you wanted people to know that you were going to help them unlock SH/RH cases and then boot them out you should have put:

"Emphasizes enlightenment for the student by the most pointless possible means, getting them to a level they won't be able to handle as quickly as possible before kicking them into the cold so they can fend for themselves while I lure another bunch of new players to their DOOM!"

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

I said mean BY your second post, I understand the content in it. What I do not understand is how it relates to you playing alone. That is what I don't quite get.

ctown28
ctown28

Oh, are we helping come up with Mission Statements for Joseph? I have one:

"Emphasizes enlightenment for the student. Build up a halfway decent agency, kick everyopne out into the street. And then thats when the master plan kicks in. Form a completely new agency, and then whine about competetion when someone opens a treasure hunt that we have already opened because now we only have 3 agents and our old agency would have had enough quality people to compete with the best of them"

Is there gonna be a special prize if Joesph takes one our suggestions. Please tell me its a free sub to shades!

Nikki Nicholls
Nikki Nicholls

Ooooo Ooooo I got one. I have a suggestion:

"Emphasizes the screwing of the student/agent. Brings in Newbies, lets them get to know each other. Truly helps them appreciate the game and form bonds with other players in the agency. Gets them to a point where they couldn't have gotten on their own. And right when they start to have fun, they log in to find out they have been booted from their agency and the whole place has been dissolved. That's the definition of Zen."

Is that clear?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Mission Statement:

Zen Oracles = Emphasizes enlightenment for the student by the most direct possible means, accepting formal studies and observances only when they form a divine communication or revelation.

It means I'm willing to spend my time, my cases to help new players to achieve higher standings, mostly because newbies love to ask funny questions, and if the players who joined ZO, for example (Rose) managed to reach SH or even RH, then she could start her own agency while leaving her spot for another new player. That's what ZO's mission statement meant.

Its because I treat ZO's members nice, doesn't mean that I can accept slowness in achieving that goal. and BTW, i thought humans are selfish, and having someone to help you reach higher goal, but you doesn't appreciate, what else can i say?

Saying it in the nicest way: I hope you all can unlock SH/RH asap & maybe one day you decided to create your own agency and help your own members.

Saying it in the nastiest way: Why can't you do as many SH/RH cases i gave you so that i can help other members?

Nikki Nicholls
Nikki Nicholls

OMG. I have absorbed the Zen. I have reached a moment of clarity. I finally understand and it makes perfect sense now :S

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help