Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Is Newbie boosting cheating?

Droid
Droid

If Id dump a whole pile of solved IH and RH cases in my agency for the rookies to take is it cheating?

Will it put them off playing for real because they don't get any skill points after the massive injection they get for "solving" those cases?

Replies
Hasegawa Takashi
Hasegawa Takashi

@Bilbot
Perhaps I'm too drawn to relate xp to experience, and experience to actually doing cases.. I don't know about Shades implementation but why should it be impossible to detect rta stored? Can't you detect who stored it, whether changes have been made, and whether some of certain "characteristics" apply after the changes?

Miinck
Miinck

Ohh, it would really hurt my bride if I got my xp raised without doing cases.. would make the whole thing meaningless. No matter whether getting them from oldbies or newbies..

MERCEY LESS
MERCEY LESS

I like Bilbot's idea too. Saving a case (RTA) fir a younger detective does help them raise their EP and it looks great on the score board but it also makes it harder to gain SP because thier EP are now higher.

Those of you that have great skills already wouldn't fall into that catigory, however, younger detectives that haven't obtained the skills needed for higher cases certainly do.

Spiking ones EP does affect ones ability to gain SP because it takes longer, many more EP to get your next SP.

In my humble opinion, if you feed younger detectives with cases above thier ability, they will not be able to obtain the skills they need when they actually reach that level.

Now that being said, storing a case, unsolved, maybe just crime scene searched, is a different story. They are actually solving the case on thier own. If they have the resources at that time to do it, then they are ready for that level.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

The difficulty is to define what RTA means, besides Ready To Accuse :)

Just searching the crime scene is probably not enough.
Is "finding all suspects" a small help or too big a help?
Analyzing all evidences?
Finding and checking all alibis? Only 5, 4 , 3, 2, 1 ???
Finding the murder weapon?

You see: it is hard to tell where is the border.

Cinderella
Cinderella

bilbot, I wouls like a clear answer on the question that if you give one RH case that you have done and is ready to accuse to a person who has only the first boss opened, is it going to hurt that detective.
Tell me if I am wrong, but for now doesn't that agent who accused get the skill points and experience? They have started to do IH cases, but this is a one time thing that they are given a RH case for maybe doing lots of beginners for others. Will this in any way hurt the detective that they will not get all their skill points that they are due and the money? Will this one incident hurt that agent.

Ready to accuse to me means that I do all the work and out of thankfullness to the agent for helping me at times when I needed it and took their time to help me with cases is like saying, you helped me at a time and took away form you, now I am giving you a gift of this case that all you have to do is press the accuse button and you will get the money and the points, and not be hindered at all by me doing this one tome thing.

Please respond.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Could you also address Mercey's statement:

Saving a case (RTA) fir a younger detective does help them raise their EP and it looks great on the score board but it also makes it harder to gain SP because thier EP are now higher.

Could you explain this. I didn't think that this affected skill points. Only the usual that the more experinece one has, the longer one has to wait for skill points. Would doing an RH case and giving it to someone to just press the accuse button, take any skill points away from that person?

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

@Cinderella
I can't tell for sure as I have no way to share cases.

However, the rule was (and probably still is): the solver of a saved case reaps all the reward (exp point and money).

You get the same number of skill points by playing 1 RH case or 2 SH cases or 4 IH cases or 8 Hard cases or ... So a young player, being fed with RH or SH cases, will get the same number of skill points as a normal player with the same experience. However with so many skill in so little time, it will be harder to find the good use for these points.

Cinderella
Cinderella

I agree, but they can save them and later decide how to use the skill points. So what you are saying is that it doesn't hurt a detective to have somone do an RH case and get it ready for them to just accuse.
It takes nothing whatsoever away from the detective that accuses on a case. They get the money and experience points. They also don't miss out on opening any new bosses or getting SH on their own to solve when the time is due.

Am I correct.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Sorry, but I want to ask if spiking a detective's skill points make it harder than normal to get your next skill points.

I know skill points come every so often. If I am correct, if you give someone a case just for them to accuse, that does not affect their receiving skill points by taking a longer time then the usual skill points that they would get.

So getting a RH case that is solved and given to someone just to accuse actually benefits the agent who accuses and finishes solving the case. It does not hinder them in any way.

Am I correct?

Droid
Droid

Skill points are awarded based on how many skill points you currently have (whether saved or spent on skills doesn't matter), the more you have the harder they are to get. If you start off as a newbie by doing 10 RH cases that someone has solved for you you end up with about 220 skill points which of course makes cases easier to solve. Then you start doing cases on your own and instead of cases that give you 2560 XP you have to ask the Morgue Assistant for a case for which you'll get something like 80 XP for and it takes an auful lot of hard and VH cases to get another skill point.

It therefore does not hurt the newbie's progress (because they have done all their progressing in the first 10 cases) but it may spoil the game for them because they don't get the thrill of getting any more skill points for a long time. In that respect it's similar to taking over a detective (or agency) that someone has already built up, the fun of building up contacts and points isn't there so it spoils the game.

In some cases people have been boosted so much that they haven't even learnt how to play and don't know the simple rules such as harder cases mean people clam up quicker.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help