Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Case Difficulty Levels Explained!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

This being a mystery game, it's sometimes tough to decide exactly how much info to give out about the specific rules of the game in the help files, and how much to leave for players to discover for themselves. I've had some questions about how and when players get access to new case difficulty levels that I thought should be cleared up.

In particular, a lot of people have had questions about when a harder difficulty level would be available above "Ridiculously Hard". It's a bit of a trick question, because a harder level is already available and has been for several months. The currently highest level of difficulty is "Almost Impossible", it requires a high level case contact and 4 million experience points (a level nobody has quite reached yet).

Anyway, rather than beat around the bush on this issue more, I've decided to just spell out the rules directly in the help file. To see the list of difficulty levels and what exactly is required to access each one, please click on the HELP link in the lower right hand corner, and click on "New Case Contacts" in the "Advancing your Detective" section.

Thanks, and Sleuth Strong!

Replies
Gideon Kane
Gideon Kane

I have reached well over 10,000 experience points, but I have not received any cases beyond "Very Hard." Shouldn't I be able to access harder cases?

Gideon Kane
Gideon Kane

Reply deleted by Moderator.

sneha mapsekar
sneha mapsekar

thanks for the info ben

Marissa22
Marissa22

thankkk uu!!

ady_fisher
ady_fisher

thanks..

Fathom
Fathom

I am solving a "Very very hard" case... but actually it is an "IMPOSSIBLE" case! Let me see who can solve it.
I only got two handprints from murder site. I don't have any gift for ladies. I got alibies of all the 7 suspects, 4 of which (1 male + 3 females) were false. And no weapon was found from the houses of suspects with false alibies. So I had to do at least 5 handprint tests, which was impossible (Margaret is a woman, however she is helpful to me so I can check 1 handprint for free). So I thought of knowing the proofs first from the suspects, and then from the proofs find the likely murderer and check his/her handprint in the end. First of all, I checked both the handprints for the male fake alibi suspect, which were found out not to be his. Then I asked him proof for all 3 female false alibi suspects. Then I went to all other suspects (all of which were females) and asked proofs using up all my charms and intimidations. But NO ONE had ANY proof against ANYBODY ELSE. So I lost all of my charms and intimidations, a free chance and the bribe chance of checking handprint, and still I could not find the murderer out of the three ladies.
So, what else could I do? I know I could use my charms on Magaret (Handprint expert), but I never even dreamed of having NO proof by asking the suspects!

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Since you're unsubscribed, there's no other help that can be given to you. Since you have 1 free question + 2 from bribe, and need to check 4 fake suspects against 2 handprints, here's what you could have done:

3 X 2 = 6 checks - 1 free - 2 bribe = 3 checks (manipulate margaret)

you can manipulate margaret at least twice, assuming the first one you chose wrongly (1 check done), you just have to use the other manipulation for 2 more checks.

While you have 4 fakes, why i said 6 checks, its because after you check against the first 3 fakes, if the handprints doesn't match any of them, then you've ruled out the last fake as the killer.

Well, that's how I solve my cases when I have 3 of the same type of PE, especially handprints. So its important to raise margaret's standings higher than others, so that you can afford to get free question(s) and manipulate.

Fathom
Fathom

Thanks, JC. But the only question remains is why I could not get any proof from the suspects. Is there some condition like unless a PE is confirmed , the suspects do not disclose the proof against the murderer?
Well, I've learnt a very important lesson that whenever a favor to Margaret is there, I should prefer it to all the others.. Thank you very much, again, Joseph!

retyqq
retyqq

had some experiece with secret compartmaents

bmoore28
bmoore28

thanls alot

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help