Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Case Difficulty Levels Explained!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

This being a mystery game, it's sometimes tough to decide exactly how much info to give out about the specific rules of the game in the help files, and how much to leave for players to discover for themselves. I've had some questions about how and when players get access to new case difficulty levels that I thought should be cleared up.

In particular, a lot of people have had questions about when a harder difficulty level would be available above "Ridiculously Hard". It's a bit of a trick question, because a harder level is already available and has been for several months. The currently highest level of difficulty is "Almost Impossible", it requires a high level case contact and 4 million experience points (a level nobody has quite reached yet).

Anyway, rather than beat around the bush on this issue more, I've decided to just spell out the rules directly in the help file. To see the list of difficulty levels and what exactly is required to access each one, please click on the HELP link in the lower right hand corner, and click on "New Case Contacts" in the "Advancing your Detective" section.

Thanks, and Sleuth Strong!

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

crime scene (max 3 of the same PE appearing in crime scene).

I know lots of people will not agree to my suggestion, but by implementing the above, another matter that came into mind is the number of xp per skill point (more logic for Sleuth Admin to lower it).

to be continued...

ANBUSELVAN
ANBUSELVAN

THANKS

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Ohh, having a crime lab in agency headquarter would be nice for players to help each other to analyse 1 PE for another member, 3 times per day.

zuhu
zuhu

Reply deleted by Moderator.

XSHAUNAX
XSHAUNAX

good have been wonderin

XSHAUNAX
XSHAUNAX

thats nice to know il bear it in mind

CaseKracker
CaseKracker

thanks!

kivaas
kivaas

Actually I agree with some of the suggestions, but maybe it's also not so bad the way it is.

Personally, I do not yet have the possibility to train Necromancy, but I do sometimes encounter dead suspects. However, that has never prevented me from actually solving a case, because a suspect cannot die before you ask for leads. Yes, I admit that I did recently solve a lot of cases with just 1 or 2 stars of evidence (which was originally intended to be exceptional), but as long as the other suspects are safely ruled out, there is no problem with this. Sometimes, a dead suspect even helped me solve a case (because the dead one was certainly not the killer, so one is ruled out automatically).

As for secret compartments, I think it's OK that they appear from VH onwards. However, I would really like to have this annoying bug solved which always catapults you back into the first room after you have inspected a piano bench, statue, false backed drawer or trap door. It's not really a problem, but rather annoying that you have to click back to every ballroom or grand hall at least twice.

Having the choice between investing skill points more in lock picking or more in negotiation, I consider actually a good opportunity in order to develop different kinds of detectives. Everybody has his/her own style in solving cases, and it makes the game more interesting. If everybody would HAVE TO go the very same way in order to advance in the game, it would be less fun. Then it would just be a "ticking the box", and the choice would only be "which one first" and not a real choice between different possibilities.

The crime lab sounds like a nice idea (although I'm not subscribed myself), I fully support it.

I have quite a lot of research already, but I use it for the whereabouts rather than for the motive. Because I'm always afraid that 4 of my 6 or 7 suspects would claim to have been with the fact checker or bartender 0r waiter or nurse, so I do not want to spoil my free questions with asking them for whereabouts. So even without being forced to, there are players w

kivaas
kivaas

here's the rest of my post, which obviously was too long: ...

which develop their own strategies.

Code breaking was originally invented for the higher level players to give them a bit of a challenge. It is really a pity that it disappeared, and I hope that it will be back...

Resetting all skill points I do not consider a good option, because otherwise people would just make random choices (e.g. just train something which is less important, e.g. second tobacco analysis or so) just because it's cheap, and use this skill, and as soon as they have more skill points, they take the tobacco analysis away and train something better. That would then be instead of having to think and save valuable skill points until you can train something which really brings you forward.

Making buying a key dependent on the standing I think is also not really practicable, because you will need to buy keys especially in the beginning of the game until you train some lockpicking. And in the beginning of the game, you have no standings at all. Anyway, it is impossible to earn standing with the locksmith before you do IH cases and reach the point with the photo in the bank safe...

11georsog3
11georsog3

Thanks a pile!

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help