Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Case Difficulty Levels Explained!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

This being a mystery game, it's sometimes tough to decide exactly how much info to give out about the specific rules of the game in the help files, and how much to leave for players to discover for themselves. I've had some questions about how and when players get access to new case difficulty levels that I thought should be cleared up.

In particular, a lot of people have had questions about when a harder difficulty level would be available above "Ridiculously Hard". It's a bit of a trick question, because a harder level is already available and has been for several months. The currently highest level of difficulty is "Almost Impossible", it requires a high level case contact and 4 million experience points (a level nobody has quite reached yet).

Anyway, rather than beat around the bush on this issue more, I've decided to just spell out the rules directly in the help file. To see the list of difficulty levels and what exactly is required to access each one, please click on the HELP link in the lower right hand corner, and click on "New Case Contacts" in the "Advancing your Detective" section.

Thanks, and Sleuth Strong!

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Harapalb:
Have you been collecting mysterious documents? If yes, then you can try to use one of them and continue doing cases until you reach a favor point. The favor for the minion which you gave the document to, might appear in the favor option, then you can raise its standings.

11georsog3
11georsog3

Thanks Ben!

harapalb
harapalb

Thank you !

Nancy Collerbertay
Nancy Collerbertay

Okay well thank you for the information.

Connor Andrews
Connor Andrews

explain to me what does this do to the game?????

dsadsa
dsadsa

thanks alot.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Ben (Sleuth Admin),

Personally, I think you should make changes to the following:

Beginner, Easy, Intermediate
1) Easiest case levels
2) No dead suspect
3) No document to be found
4) No secret compartment to be found
5) No trap door to be found
6) No encoded note to be found

Note: Nothing need to be changed in the Beginner, Easy, Intermediate levels.

Hard, Very Hard, Very Very Hard
1) Slightly harder case levels
2) Sometimes with 1 dead suspect (*)
3) Sometimes document can be found
4) Sometimes secret compartment can be found
5) Sometimes trap door can be found
6) No encoded note to be found

Note: I would think there shouldn't be a dead suspect in Hard, Very Hard and Very Very Hard levels because players need to unlock Incredibly Hard and reach 100,000 xp in order to find a photo, to unlock the necessary townie to learn necromancy.

And as for Code Breaking skills, it should be made necessary for players to learn it in order to decode note, as now, players can simply go to each of the faction minions to decode the note.

Code Breaking skills should work this way:
Level 1 - Can decode 1 encoded note
Level 2 - Can decode 2 encoded notes

Decode as in telling the player what is the content of the encoded note, not just telling who can decode the encoded note. Without the skills, players won't be able to decode the note at all.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

And in order to let players re-assign their skill points, maybe you can reset all players skills to let us re-assign our skill points to cater for these changes.

Personally, i hope to see Code Breaking be of use to players, and hiding suspects in high level cases will also require players to invest more on research.

Not to say that buying keys are no good, but with 15 standings, players can only buy 1 key, with 40 standings, players can buy 2 keys and with bribing, players can buy another 2 keys.

By the way, i think townies shouldn't be manipulated at all, hence would make the cases harder in higher level and standings would definitely make a lot of difference. If you allow townies and suspects to be manipulated, max for townies should be only once (makes JOC useful, in order to get 2 more answers) and suspects twice (makes players invest more on manipulation), so that players doesn't depend on 1 type of manipulation at all times to find whereabouts or habits (while kept on using the same manipulation on a suspect).

Most important here is that players become well-rounder, instead of:
1) Players doesn't face problem without having any analysis skills.
2) Players doesn't rely on research to get motive, but with manipulation on suspects.
3) Players doesn't need Code Breaking when its supposed to be a crucial skill.
4) Lower xp players risks on getting FA, just because a dead suspect holding an important WE, but because the players haven't even got a logic chance to learn Necromancy, it makes them accuse blindly and got an FA.
5) Players doesn't need Lock-Picking because they could invest highly on Negotiation skills and kept on buying keys from locksmith.
6) Makes Analysis skills works the same way like in Noir, so that without the skill, players are unable to find the PE. Example, without fingerprint analysis, players are unable to find fingerprint in the crime scene. Of course, if you want to make it harder later in the cases, you could make sure players invest up to level 3 in each analysis, in order to find up to max 3 same PE in the

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

crime scene (max 3 of the same PE appearing in crime scene).

I know lots of people will not agree to my suggestion, but by implementing the above, another matter that came into mind is the number of xp per skill point (more logic for Sleuth Admin to lower it).

to be continued...

ANBUSELVAN
ANBUSELVAN

THANKS

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help