Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

About SH cases

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

They are giving me a hard time. So I need to play in more creative ways :)

The last SH game, I played, was a 6 suspects case, all having the same alibi (being with townie X). I could find only one yellow note (and it was encoded) and no suspect's key (at $240 a key, this game was expensive). The bank safe was empty, so I need to interrogate 3 suspects to find out the murderer's motive, thus losing 3 gifts.

For this kind of game, I think, that finding who has a real alibi or not is not a priority. In the worst case, you'll need to ask 6 questions to the same townie, but you can't ask more than 4 questions (perhaps 5 if you get a free question, 4 = 2 for standing above 40 + 2 for bribe). So you'll need to manipulate the townie thus losing a standing point.

Does somebody have better horror stories on SH cases?

Did you have a case with 7 suspects all having the same alibi?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Bilbot:
Code Breaking only narrow down who can decode the note for u.
Necromancy allows u to get 3 stars in case you've asked all the other suspects & none of the living ones revealed stars.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Did you play lately a SH case with a 6 rooms house (2 rooms at the 2nd floor)?

Droid
Droid

I think 6 rooms are only in RH cases.

Azar
Azar

Six rooms were in RH cases only on the beginning. Milmot pointed Ben, that increase number of rooms is pointless and, I think, Ben erased 6th room:) permanently.
Now the maximum number of rooms are five, even in RH cases.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Last year, I played cases with 6 rooms in showdowns, so they were SH cases. I recall looting a chapel for evidences, shame on me. Those were the days...

Next step is to convince Ben that 4 rooms are enough: it will save us some time and spare the server(s) a little :)

flbluejay
flbluejay

I've never had a sh with a 6 room house, alot of 5 rooms, but no 6. It may not always be the case, but I haven't seen one yet.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

I'll update my page to put 5 instead of 6.

The first to play a 6 rooms case tells the others :)

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Sneaky SH case today.

7 suspects

Client's alibi = I was at the cosmetic counter (fake)
2nd suspect's alibi = I was at the cosmetic counter (fake)

Damned: a *7* suspects all with townies case???

3rd suspect's alibi = I was at the cosmetic counter (real)

I'm doomed : yes, it is.

4th suspect's alibi = I was with the 5th suspect (real)
Big smile

5th suspect's alibi = I was with the 4th suspect (real)
6th suspect's alibi = I didn't need to ask (probably fake)
7th suspect's alibi = I didn't need to ask and he was the murderer.

2nd, 3rd, ..., 7th is the order I found out the suspect's names, not the order they are listed in the case file.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

I solved a 6 suspects all with townies cases (at least I think as I didn't ask all alibis). I found no yellow notes and every suspect leaded me to another new suspect. Is that always the case for "all with townie cases"?

flbluejay
flbluejay

I'm not sure, but I'm leaning toward yes. This is actually a theory I've been checking out. I'm 3 for 3 on cases like that. I think the same may true of the 7 suspect cases like that too though. I've had several cases where two suspects give each other, and the other 5 give the same townie. But like you said they all led me to the next suspect and I didn't have to waste alot of time in houses. I'll keep tracking it and see if it's just another odd coincidence, or a good rule of thumb.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help