Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

About SH cases

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

They are giving me a hard time. So I need to play in more creative ways :)

The last SH game, I played, was a 6 suspects case, all having the same alibi (being with townie X). I could find only one yellow note (and it was encoded) and no suspect's key (at $240 a key, this game was expensive). The bank safe was empty, so I need to interrogate 3 suspects to find out the murderer's motive, thus losing 3 gifts.

For this kind of game, I think, that finding who has a real alibi or not is not a priority. In the worst case, you'll need to ask 6 questions to the same townie, but you can't ask more than 4 questions (perhaps 5 if you get a free question, 4 = 2 for standing above 40 + 2 for bribe). So you'll need to manipulate the townie thus losing a standing point.

Does somebody have better horror stories on SH cases?

Did you have a case with 7 suspects all having the same alibi?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi bilbot,

Yes, I have played such cases, but as you've explain, I have enough standings with the particular PE-townie and all I have are max 4 - 8 chances to match it right, so assuming i don't have any gift, then I would do a reverse-checking, to verify the sample against the PE found in the crime scene. If it doesn't match, then i check with the next suspect, until i found a match, then I confirm the alibi, if its fake, then i'll check with the rest of the PE (assuming i haven't check them beforehand) & finally check with the rest of the suspects to ask for proof.

I didn't mentioned about Necromancy because I know you insisted on using birth skills on this challenge. I'm also calculating which detective background can go further & higher in xp, however until now, i still insist that the background with a built-in 3 research could bring me further up because it allows me to keep the 3 research to get motive.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

1) You are right: I forgot that you can give a gift to the townie. I'm so manipulation skills poor, that I spare gifts for suspects (as you can't bribe them).

2) For the "everybody with the same townie" case, I'm now using this technique:

- I ask the client's alibi. If it's "I was with townie X", I request a lead to get another name (if I haven't a note on the crime scene)
- ask 2nd suspect's alibi. If it is the same as the client, I assume that everybody will have the same alibi so no need to ask. Otherwise, I use the technique for normal cases.
- from now on, I ask every suspect for leads or search houses until I get all names.
- I check the client's and the 2nd suspect's alibi, hoping for a real alibi or a death (in case nobody died giving me a lead).
- Then I do the PEs checking routine.

3) I'm so curious about these new skills, that I may authorize their use in the challenge. As I have plenty skill points, I may be the first detective to achieve level 2 code breaking and necromancy :)

Droid
Droid

Sometimes one or two give a different townie as alibi in the 'all with townies' cases.

Sass Emiss
Sass Emiss

"- I check the client's and the 2nd suspect's alibi, . . ."

Do you mean the second suspect you uncovered or the second suspect as they appear in the case file?

Saree Raymond
Saree Raymond

Please stop discussing the "secret" parts of the game on the message boards. Its okay to ask, but reply in mail, so the suspense don't get ruined for the rest of us. :)

Droid
Droid

Sorry Saree ;)

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

@sass emiss
The 2nd suspect I uncovered (either by finding a yellow note on the crime scene or in the client's home) or from the client's alibi or lead.

@sarah raymond:
We are in the sleuth talk forum, so it is read by advanced players (in contrast to the newbie forum).

I don't want to be rude (but I don't mind either :), but if you don't want to know, please, don't read this thread or some others. The title of this thread is explicit: SH cases. And we don't discuss real secrets: only different techniques for playing.

Furthermore private mails aren't convenient for many to many discussions.

@droid
Thanks. I'll update my advanced tips page and change "all with the same townies" to "all with townies".

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

It seems, that nobody played a case with *7* suspects, having all a "I was with some townie (not suspect)" alibi. Am I right?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Bilbot:
Code Breaking only narrow down who can decode the note for u.
Necromancy allows u to get 3 stars in case you've asked all the other suspects & none of the living ones revealed stars.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Did you play lately a SH case with a 6 rooms house (2 rooms at the 2nd floor)?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help