Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Message for Ben

Cinderella
Cinderella

I am starting a thread for myself and others to talk about SOM.
I am really getting bored doing the same thing over and over and nothing new added to the game. I do know that several people haven't and are not going to renew their subscriptions. I renewed my subscription, but wonder if I was wrong. I feel like a hamster on one of those wheels that they keep running on. I would like to know if there is going to be anything more added to the game and when can I expect it. What do we as players have to do to get you to put some new things into the game. Not harder cases. Maybe some new treasures, some fun stuff. The atmosphere here has really gotten bad as far as people quitting. After all we are paying. There are game sites that are cheaper than this site and a lot of variety. I beg you to please do something with this game. It could be great. Please

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Azar:

How did you know about that? ^_^

Cinderella
Cinderella

I am really hoping that Ben will add some more fun to the game.

Azar
Azar

@Joseph - It is my man's intuition :)

Droid
Droid

Wishful thinking more like ;)

Azar
Azar

6 days to anniversary and new marvelous content :)

I hope ...

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

before we get new stuff, could some of the current stuff be fixed, please? like the first showdown... and make them a bit more often so more peoples can participate in them? please? ;D

and, is there a reason why the game keeps logging me out? it gets rather annoying. :(

Makayla Brewer
Makayla Brewer

You know, I keep hearing the complaining of more fun in the game. I've been over on Sleuth Noir, for quite a few years now, and Im glad I dont have that kind of complaint there.

Storing favor cases? Talk about no competition. Nothing like just having a TH handed to you, with no hard work involved. We cant store favor cases on NOir, and it has NEVER been a problem. In fact, I wouldnt even want to be able to store favored cases. Takes the competition out.

If you want to socialize with ur friends do it after the hunt. We've never had probs with it..and because people are busy in real life, thats a good reason to be able to store favors? Not a good reason for me.

Ben can only do so much.....god, give the guy a break, and enjoy and appreciate that he created this game at all for our enjoyment.

Ive never seen so much b*tching and moaning and groaning in my life.

As for the comment about this being the most expensive online game on website.....that is hilarious.

Ive played many online games....and they were all ALOT more expensive than this. I believe the price is fair and reasonable.

If you are that unhappy with the game, and have this constant need to complain ALL the time, go find another game to play but I promise you that you wont find one as great as Sleuth!

Thank GOD Sleuth Noir's community is more close, and grown up, and appreciative, than this over here. No wonder I like Noir ALOT better!

Thank you Ben for all that you do! Sorry you have to listen to constant griping. *shakes head*

Azar
Azar

Hi Makalya,
I think, that it is no fair, that You speak as Noir player, but use name, who is not know in Noir. I have digged a little deeper so now I know, that You are Makensie Brewer, but like I said it is no fair.
I played in Noir (over 5,5 milions EP), so I know that game pretty well and I switchdr Sleuth (Noir - SoM), because I capture everythink in Noir (clothes are gold, Cairo, pyramid - done, many AV done, TH done, all available books collected, AV league - participant). I was waiting for new challenge, but I was not patience enough ... (boat has launched later). There were no challenge to me ....

To be honest I collect everythink in SoM, too, so I need new challenge and it is the reason why I ask many times Ben about new content.

Regarding to storing favour - I describe my opinion many weeks ago and Your opinion is similar to mine. Remember, that in Noir there are no standing or penalty points, so favours are similar, but not the same. To be honest favours in Noir are very boring - very easy and thanks to them You could earn money.

About Ben's break - the last implementation was exactly 3 months ago, so because SoM is not finished game (for example empty slots with clothes) it is enough time to do next improvement. I was silently over two months, because I know, that Ben has to have break.

About other cases - it is You, who moaning a lot. You have collected all complains (many threads and messages) from message board and, like Joanna d'Arc on white horse, want to crucify heretics.

Your voice is useless if You don't know background. We asked Ben many times about content, ROADMAP or something like this, but Ben remain silent. It generate frustration and anger ...

That's the whole story.

Azar (the same nick in both Sleuths)

Simone Dubois
Simone Dubois

To state that Noir's community is more close, grown up, and appreciative and that you have never seen so much bit**ing and moaning in your life indicates that you either have a very poor memory or are deliberately being disingenuous.

I have seen scores of very nasty posts at Noir directed at both Ben and other players. I have seen Ben change rules and policies at Noir because of certain players bit**ing and moaning.

I understand the viewpoint that the game is obviously not finished and so people want to see the strongly suggested additions.

I have also come to understand that Ben is not really interested in generating great sums of money with Noir and/or SoM. This is apparently more of a hobby to him, and he tinkers with it when he has time and compulsion. Whether this is fair or not to his subscribers is not for me to say, but if we feel it is unfair, then we are free to not subscribe.

Every game has a certain life span and then it becomes boring. If the game has become boring to you - move on. Yes, it is sad to abandon a game, but if no change is in sight, then that seems to be the course of action. New people will take our place.

Cinderella
Cinderella

I met with a problem. In an agency we can help each other out with gifts and money and expertise. I have been trying to get documents. The documents seem to be very scarce lately. I just have started a RH case where I don't have a document for the Priest. I can't forward the case any more since I don't have another lead. Yes I have charms, bribes and money left but no document. I guess that I have no other alternative then to quit the favor case. Any suggestions.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help