Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Message for Ben

Cinderella
Cinderella

I am starting a thread for myself and others to talk about SOM.
I am really getting bored doing the same thing over and over and nothing new added to the game. I do know that several people haven't and are not going to renew their subscriptions. I renewed my subscription, but wonder if I was wrong. I feel like a hamster on one of those wheels that they keep running on. I would like to know if there is going to be anything more added to the game and when can I expect it. What do we as players have to do to get you to put some new things into the game. Not harder cases. Maybe some new treasures, some fun stuff. The atmosphere here has really gotten bad as far as people quitting. After all we are paying. There are game sites that are cheaper than this site and a lot of variety. I beg you to please do something with this game. It could be great. Please

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Thank you Ben ^_^

Droid
Droid

It's running well at the moment and there are 88 logged in and it's about prime time with UK and USA online - although Ben will be a better judge of when the busy and quiet periods are necause he chose the times when the daily maintanance routines are run.

Bilbot, as you are an expert on DB indexes can you tell me how to force a tablescan to run backwards so the newest items are scanned first? I don't buy all this index stuff because of the performance cost of building and maintaining the index is such a performance hit unless the data is static.

Droid
Droid

Now it's slower than a dog - and not a greyhound but more like one of Cind's pugs.

Sass Emiss
Sass Emiss

I've experienced no lag at all today.

and . . .

BEN I LOVE YOU!!!!!

:)

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

A bug I just recalled

Say you have 15 with a townie, e.g. the barber.

You play an IH case.

You ask a question to the barber. He answers, as you have a 15 standing.
You ask another question. He clams up.
You manipulate him. You lose a standing point so now the barber is below 15. Dire consequence: instead of answering, he clams up again :(

Azar
Azar

I think, that Ben will give us huge amount of new content on first SoM's anniversary :):):):):):):)

Only 12 days to birthday :) (23rd of February)

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

Oh, just to let you know Ben, the game was reeeaaalllyyy slow yesterday. :(

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Azar:

How did you know about that? ^_^

Cinderella
Cinderella

I am really hoping that Ben will add some more fun to the game.

Azar
Azar

@Joseph - It is my man's intuition :)

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help