Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Message for Ben

Cinderella
Cinderella

I am starting a thread for myself and others to talk about SOM.
I am really getting bored doing the same thing over and over and nothing new added to the game. I do know that several people haven't and are not going to renew their subscriptions. I renewed my subscription, but wonder if I was wrong. I feel like a hamster on one of those wheels that they keep running on. I would like to know if there is going to be anything more added to the game and when can I expect it. What do we as players have to do to get you to put some new things into the game. Not harder cases. Maybe some new treasures, some fun stuff. The atmosphere here has really gotten bad as far as people quitting. After all we are paying. There are game sites that are cheaper than this site and a lot of variety. I beg you to please do something with this game. It could be great. Please

Replies
Cinderella
Cinderella

I agree with getting the favor cases first. That will allow alot of people that are busy to play. The other cases can come after.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Can we have players above 1M xp to be moved to a new server? ^_^

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

You would be fair to put all *subscribed* detectives on their dedicated and fast server, as they pay for a service.

Droid
Droid

I'll second that although some things would still have to be done on the main server like hosting the web pages but not the actual games. Sometimes though it's the items at Amazon S3 rather than EC2 that run slow and I don't think there's much of a speed guarantee with S3.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Today it is slow again. I am getting sick of it.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

We've done some data pruning and tweaked the configuration on the database server. Let me know if you notice it being faster or not. We'll continue to profile the performance for the next few days and try a few things to speed the game up.

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

Thanks Ben! Hopefully it will be faster!!! ;D

SallyJkl
SallyJkl

When I came on tonight, it said only 6 players, and yet some of the time it was very slow loading and I don't mean room search, even just clicking to a suspect or to another city.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Sally, you were logged in right at midnight when you wrote that. Around that time, the server does it's daily aging and runs pretty slowly. We could do what many games do and just turn off access during that time, or popup a message imforming you that the server is going to be slow for 20-30 minutes.

In any event, how do people feel the game is running today? According to our logs, things are running along quickly, but then again, from the server's perspective, performance has been pretty good recently in general.

Are people still noticing slow file load times when search crime scenes, etc?

Cinderella
Cinderella

Thanks Ben for trying to help us.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help