Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Message for Ben

Cinderella
Cinderella

I am starting a thread for myself and others to talk about SOM.
I am really getting bored doing the same thing over and over and nothing new added to the game. I do know that several people haven't and are not going to renew their subscriptions. I renewed my subscription, but wonder if I was wrong. I feel like a hamster on one of those wheels that they keep running on. I would like to know if there is going to be anything more added to the game and when can I expect it. What do we as players have to do to get you to put some new things into the game. Not harder cases. Maybe some new treasures, some fun stuff. The atmosphere here has really gotten bad as far as people quitting. After all we are paying. There are game sites that are cheaper than this site and a lot of variety. I beg you to please do something with this game. It could be great. Please

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Cind:

Hehe, my agency is doing exactly what you've mentioned, never start a 2nd hunt until the 1st one is almost done. ^_^

ohh, but what do u think about my opinions?

Cinderella
Cinderella

Another thing that would be nice is if the time limit would be revealed on favor cases. Since three days ago, I have had three missed deadline because of choosing to do RH favor cases. I have had in the last three favor cases, three days to finish them. They all have had 8 suspects. What is going on. Am I being singled out?

jarrek lander
jarrek lander

I totally agree that they should show you the time limit on favor cases. Then it would be up too you if you could do it or not .Want more favor points then do the case.If it looks like not enough time then don't do it take an easier case........it would not effect the challenge of favor cases in my opinion..

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

@Rose Catherine and Droid:

As a software engineer, I can tell you it is pretty easy to forbid the use of saved favor cases in THs: it requires no more than 2 hours to implement this feature. For example, you can skip the "Am I in a TH?" check, if the case was saved.

About unused detectives:

They do take some space on the server disks (once again SoM ran out of space today, shame on the system administrator :) but they shouldn't slow down the game as idle connections are terminated after a certain delay, probably 1 hour.

Droid
Droid

I think you'll find that the half-created users take up room in the *database* as well as on the raw disk and as a software engineer you would know that the bigger a database is the longer it takes to get something out of it.

Kendra Yamamoto
Kendra Yamamoto

Cinderella starts a thread to tell us that she renewed her subscription but - she almost didn't! oh noes! Talk about a martyr without a cause. Cinderella, you will feel less anguish when you realize your loyalty is wasted on the cold hard internet. There is no virtue in being a 'good player' in an online game - it can't tell how much you 'care.' You should take Bilbot's advice, which in a nutshell is to play smarter, not harder.

I prefer not being able to save favour cases; I think it makes the game more spontaneous. As Bilbot pointed out, with the saved favours it is possible start a TH knowing it is a sure thing to finish. No saved cases, and we're just playing way out on the edge here. Oh, the adrenaline.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

@Droid

I don't want to start a technical lesson but one of the many good reasons to use a database is to guarantee a constant (and fast) access time to the data, no matter how big a database (or more precisely tables) grows (if the database designer knows, of course, how or when to use an index).

Cinderella
Cinderella

Kendra you have the right to express your opinions.

Droid
Droid

LOL @ Bilbot, If you can make a database that guarantees the same access time however much data it stores then people will beat a path to your door. You don't so stop talking nonsense, your query optimizer is no better than anyone elses.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

@Droid
Take a database class and you'll understand what I mean. For your enlightenment, read, for example,
http://www.websitedatabases.com/database-index.html

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help