Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Message for Ben

Cinderella
Cinderella

I am starting a thread for myself and others to talk about SOM.
I am really getting bored doing the same thing over and over and nothing new added to the game. I do know that several people haven't and are not going to renew their subscriptions. I renewed my subscription, but wonder if I was wrong. I feel like a hamster on one of those wheels that they keep running on. I would like to know if there is going to be anything more added to the game and when can I expect it. What do we as players have to do to get you to put some new things into the game. Not harder cases. Maybe some new treasures, some fun stuff. The atmosphere here has really gotten bad as far as people quitting. After all we are paying. There are game sites that are cheaper than this site and a lot of variety. I beg you to please do something with this game. It could be great. Please

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi All,

This thread caught my attention & here I am to share my opinions. There's a few issues raised in this thread, mostly:

1) New Skills
-Regarding new skills as mentioned by Azar, I think Ben might need to reconsider about replacing Code Breaking skill with a new skill, because by using this skill, its supposed to tell whether its a yellow note or a threatening note already (whether its written by a left-hander or right-hander, that would be a bonus) rather than just narrowing it down to whom you should go to decode the msg.
How about exchanging it with a skill called Future Sight - a skill which you can use once per day in the flop house to find out which favor is needed next in the current treasure hunt? ^_^

2) New Stuffs - Equipments, Almost Impossible Cases, Arch-Villian Hunts, Scripted Mysteries, more cities
-Regarding equipments, I guess the first thing we need now is the Almost Impossible Difficulty Cases that would provide us with new +5 gifts (Champagne & Gold Locket), then if it were an AI favor case, then we get a piece of equipment. But the problem is which xp should we get it? I guess its hard for Ben to decide, because if he's thinking of putting it at 10,000,000 xp, a lot of players would start screaming, but at least, no matter at which xp that AI cases unlocked, at least let us know a figure, rather than making all players making wild guesses, which would affect their future subscriptions.

3) Saved Favor cases
-Regarding saved favor cases, we do know that AIU can jump into every other agency's TH regardless whether its at 0\%, 50\%, or 88\%, but of course, as one of the small agency, we do appreciate when big agency like AIU doesn't jump into our TH or maybe Ben can consider to allow certain agency fame close to one another to jump into other agency's TH, so that smaller agency have the opportunity to grow.

4) Showdowns
-Regarding gifts in showdown, definitely it would be useful, but of course fixing the 1st showdown (which is not playable) is important as well.

5) Subscriptions
-Regarding subscriptions, its r

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

@Droid:
Again THs are a competitive feature of the game: you have to be smart and adapt to the conditions of the game.

Using saved favor case ruins the competition and the fun: no more risk that another agency beats you, no more "anxious" wait for the right favor case to be offered. It turns THs into a easy way to get even more benefits from doing favor cases.

So I'm not against saving favor cases, I'm against using saved favor cases for a TH.

If the time *you* choose to play is too busy and makes the game unplayable, choose another time or suffer in silence. Nobody forces you to play the game in rush hours, the same way as nobody forces you to drive your car in rush hours and be caught in traffic jams.

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

About playing THs

You can do a TH the AIU way: everybody connects at the same time and play the TH. It is the "synchronous" way. In KKK, we used a slightly improved technique, as I knew all passwords and thus could play all saved favor cases on my own and in off peak hours, as I am based in Europe.

But you can do THs the *a*synchronous way too: a member starts a hunt. Other members contribute to the hunt at their own pace. It will take longer to complete the hunt (thus giving a chance to other agencies to beat you) but you won't have the burden of "all connected at the same time" or "all connected at the same time and during rush hours".

If doing THs synchronously is only a pretext to do some socializing and chit chat, then choose another one :) For example, showdowns, once operational, are more appropriate.

Sass Emiss
Sass Emiss

From reading the Message Board history, it was my understanding that password sharing is frowned upon. Ditto with controlling more than one detective.

Sass Emiss
Sass Emiss

And, Ben, if you're listening, I would pay to subscribe two detectives, but if I'm only limited to one, then I'll play for free . . .

And thank you very much for that opportunity. :)

Droid
Droid

As far as Almost Impossible cases go the only way I see that Ben could implement would to make the result of int or charm failure rather than always success. If that happens you could just give them gifts so except for the cost it wouldn't be logically harder.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Bilbot maybe you don't like to socialize but many do. I think that you liked having your agency all by yourself. Many old members in your agency would tell you that they got bored when you didn't want to chat anymore and it was all silence. Most people are not like that, but one good thing about get togethers is if someone doesn't want to chat then they just say so and we will not chat with them.

I Ben will not allow us to use saved favor cases for th's then I agree with Bilbot that we should be able to save them for later.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Joseph, AIU tries not to jump into others treasure hunts. We have experience times when agencies like to put their name on several treasure hunts then we are left with no alternative then to play one.

Agencies should know not to expect to have a treasure hunt and not start if for several day. Also I would say if you are a new agency, one treasure hunt at a time. Sometimes we do two but that is when we are about finished with the first one.

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

That would take some major code working though, the whole favors saved for later not eligible for TH use. It would be really nice, but a bit unrealistic.

I do have a question though... if characters that are inactive, below 100 xp, only logged on the day they were made are still floating around here, wouldn't they clog up the memory database? Is there a way to delete these characters? And the ones with offensive names? It says in the General Conduct, "This includes vulgar and abusive language, even when masked by symbolic characters, and includes detective names and agency names." That is not really being followed. Thanks!

Droid
Droid

Yes Rose, they do clog up the database, especially their dormant cases that are half way through. Ben's cleaned up the half way through cases (they may expire if not touched for a month) but I'm not sure if he has deleted all the half created detectives (they're all called new_detective) which also clog it up.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help