Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Message for Ben

Cinderella
Cinderella

I am starting a thread for myself and others to talk about SOM.
I am really getting bored doing the same thing over and over and nothing new added to the game. I do know that several people haven't and are not going to renew their subscriptions. I renewed my subscription, but wonder if I was wrong. I feel like a hamster on one of those wheels that they keep running on. I would like to know if there is going to be anything more added to the game and when can I expect it. What do we as players have to do to get you to put some new things into the game. Not harder cases. Maybe some new treasures, some fun stuff. The atmosphere here has really gotten bad as far as people quitting. After all we are paying. There are game sites that are cheaper than this site and a lot of variety. I beg you to please do something with this game. It could be great. Please

Replies
bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

*You* put the subject of saved favor case and TH on the table once again and I think, that Ben's answer will be the same.

I understand, that saving favor cases is a good thing for you. And yes, saving favor cases was a good thing for all of us. *But* it made winning treasure hunts too easy and defeat their own purpose. We don't want a game to be too easy to win (where will be the fun?): we want a game that keeps our interest and fun on higher grounds.

I practiced the saved favor case "trick", while I was in Metro (after Terry discovered it). I used it on an industrial scale with KKK and realized, that it was leading nowhere. What is the point of playing THs if you have no chance to lose? Besides, what makes THs so fun, is hoping to get the right favor case on your next favor round, *not* looking in the agency cases file for the saved favor case.

To broaden the debate, I tried already to get Ben's attention about the fact that many old timers feel bored by the game and got no answer. I don't think, you'll get more answers now. As Ben's interest for the game seems to be based on 3 months cycles, we should expect him to be back in 2 weeks.

My advice is play and enjoy the game, as it is. If you don't like the way it is, play other games or find other occupations. And don't forget it is not *our* game (unfortunately?) but *Ben*'s game. He will do what he wants when he wants. As we say in France: there is no point in being more royalist than the king.

That's why I chose not to renew my subscription: I'll wait, until the game catches my interest again. Meanwhile, I have great fun play the bilbot-the-hommit challenge: it takes little time, it costs nothing and you rediscover the game.

And never forget the fundamental rule: If you don't have the time to play a game, don't play. It is only a *game*, so the least important thing to do. Caring for a child or a relative or a pet is far more important.

So don't let your baby cry, while you play: put him/her outside and let the dog care for him/her.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Saving favors is still competing. Many times you don't have all the favors that you want. If you compete against another team that has saved favors then the fastest agency to get favors all done the first will be the winner.

I am not suggesting letting your baby cry and etc, a person has breaks in between. Maybe they don't have 3 full hours to spend but can participate her and there.

Also with your agency there was not really any chatting, You complained with I pm'd you. Friendship is what keeps an agency together. If you have people ignore or not talk to you then what fun is it. When we got together it was asking about what was happening in other's life and supporting them when they had problems. That is all I have to say. As far as who the winnners are on Sleuth, It doesn't matter. You strive to do the best job, but so what?

Cinderella
Cinderella

BTW, I think that Ben should tell us his intentions of doing anything with SOM or not. I resubscribed for 3 months, if he is not going to do anything then I will no longer play. I don't know if he refunds money or not.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Reply deleted by Moderator.

Droid
Droid

Regarding Jarek's suggestion for getting something for Sleuth showdowns it would be a bit unfair since showdown start times are fixed to Ben's timezone, if they were started once every 25 hours (or other odd time that doesn't divide evenly by 24) then everyone would get a chance to participate but at present it's really a USA only thing.

As far as Bilbot asying that it's because we can't save favours now that the other agencies are doing hunts I think that is wrong. It's because AIU haven't been hitting other agencies when they are half way through which we can still do quite easily if we have enough online but we don't do in order to encourage them to participate.

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

I know that in Noir there is quite a bit of stuff for the members. Buying coats, canes, shoes, etc. Presently here we can only really buy hats and glasses. There is the space that says "Equipped" under our items, but I have never seen any way to get equipped.

Also, why under Case History is there a count of scripted mysteries, when no one can do scripted mysteries? If there is a count of how many scripted mysteries I have done, and it is stuck at zero, I would like to do some!!!

Yesterday, I was nosing around Noir, and I came across the part where players write the opening sequence themselves! That is so cool, it lets people take ownership of the game and feel like you are really a part of it.

I know that Shades is not Noir, and I don't want Shades to turn into a carbon copy of Noir, but could some of the aspects of Noir be put into effect here? Please come and talk to us, Ben. We would all really appreciate it.

Rose Catherine
Rose Catherine

Oh! One last thing... I see that there are six factions... why are only three of them accessible? Is it because in Noir they are in other cities, and not NYC? Since we don't have other cities, could we still get the other factions? Maybe add on a few more neighborhoods? That would be fun!

Droid
Droid

I have 5 factions opened Rose, no sign of a 6th though.

Noir is text based isn't it? I can't see us writing the opening scenes in a graphics based interface, I certainly don't know Flash programming.

Bilbot, if you are online now I challenge you to do a beginner in 5 minutes, it's taking up 20 seconds to change scenes - clue: 115 detectives logged in. That's another reason for allowing saved favours, it's too slow to do cases :(

Cinderella
Cinderella

Today the site has been so slow that I am ready to hang it up. That is another good reason for saved favors. It takes forever.

Captain Scarlett
Captain Scarlett

It's getting faster now that the Europeans have gone to bed.

As long as there are less than 100 players logged on it runs OK. It being a bank holliday in USA may explain why it is so slow.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help