Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Necromancy and Codebreaking

Dr Reichenback
Dr Reichenback

How do you get these skills? I've looked all over the place for an answer.

Replies
panda007
panda007

I have looked to im just as puzzeled as you can you help me if you find out and also how are you supposed to find hidden characters

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

It is a very long way to go. You need to unlock the editor in chief and the bank president, then bring them gifts to unlock to 2 other hidden characters, who'll teach you these new skills.

BTW my 2 cents worth: these skills are useless so far.

Azar
Azar

First - You have to have enough standing (+30) with minors of old bosses (priest, socialite, realtor) to unlock them :)
Second - when You will unlock old bosses (Mayor, Bishop ot Mob Boss), they could give You IH case (only in that case You can find key to bank safe with extraordinary photo, which allow You to find out secret of Stylist and Locksmith).
Third - enough standing with Stylist/Locksmith (+40) unlock You Bank President/Editor in Chief.
Fourth - enough standing with Bank President/Editor in Chief allow You to know about his secrets - mysterious minors, who hold secret of necromancy/codebreaking.
It is quite easy and time-cnsuming :)

BTW - necromancy is quite good skill - I could interrogate dead body :)

Dr Reichenback
Dr Reichenback

Would these mysterious minors happen to be the facilitator and the janitor? If so, who teaches which? And why hasn't anyone had both skills at once?

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

To unlock these skills, you have to play a high level detective (say more than 200K exp points). At this level, you have already allocated most of your skill points, if not all, and you need a lot of exp points to earn skill points (something like 41,000 exp points for a single skill point). So very few players have enough spare skill points to put in those skills and all players need *weeks* to accumulate enough new skill points.

That's why I think these skills are useless, as they come too late in the game but they are fun, for sure.

Detective Jr.
Detective Jr.

to unlock these skilss you need to do very hard cases..

kivaas
kivaas

Actually there are players which have both code breaking and necromancy at level 2... one example is Joseph Chen.

Btw, in IH cases you normally get 2 bank safe keys; one gives you the motive of a suspect, while the other one is normally empty. I suppose as soon as your experience reaches a certain point, the second one will not be empty anymore.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Actually, its been a while since the Sleuth Admin removed purple note from the game, hence Code Breaking is no longer in use.

I wonder what Sleuth Admin is going to do about the Code Breaking skill.

DASMART
DASMART

Thanx!!!

Big Joe Morgan
Big Joe Morgan

Wow, it has been years since anyone has posted anything in here! I wonder if any of what is here is any good at all. I really enjoy the game and would like to think that all attributes can be gotten. Now I have my doubts. "Is it worth paying to play the game?" ...

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help