Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Some stats on SoM

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

My PC was kind enough to get all detectives stats. So I can give you some rough numbers on the SoM community.

Players: 220,000

Subscribers: 1.5 °/oo (i.e. around 300 people or 2K$ a month)

Active players: 10\% ("active" means connected at least 1 time in the last 30 days or something like that)

1 of 5 player doesn't go through all the "create your new detective" pages (their detective is listed as "new_detective"). Ben could save 20\% of SoM's disk space by getting rid of those detectives.

average solved cases: 9

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@sissy: I don't agree with your saying that those skills are not useful to get (Necromancy & Code Breaking). Let just say if Ben changed the setting to only allow you to accuse a killer when you've found all 3 of the following, would you try to get those 2 new skills as soon as you can?

1) No motive, cannot accuse (Already implemented)
2) No 3 stars, cannot accuse
3) No Fake alibi, cannot accuse

Let just say if Ben changed to these settings, either one of the following will happen, depends on players.

a) Competetive players will try their best to solve more cases (carefully) so that they can acquire those new skills.
b) Non-competetive players will be quitting & missing deadlines due to the fact of not getting 3 stars on the killer because one suspect died & you can't interview the spirit.

lol...again, i'm not trying to argue with anyone here, just sharing my opinion on why players thing repeating solving cases is a waste of time, is it simply because:

a) They're not competetive enough?
b) They don't have confident to be competetive?
c) They're competetive, but can't help by suggesting good ideas, instead they follow the majority to tell off this game & the creator?

^_^ Just my thinking. Its better you try to get those skills as soon as you can before Ben changed his mind & set a higher xp requirement for you to be able to learn it.

Droid
Droid

Repetitively solving cases is essential if you want to do treasure hunts. Without 3 favours per day you can't keep the stats up with the townies.

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

@ Joseph: When ben announces that in a few weeks he'll implement those changes, i'll try my best to acquire those skills but for the time being that's my opinion.

And to answer your question:why players think repeating solving cases is a waste of time, is it simply because: They are no robots, they are humans and they're always looking for what's new and intersting?

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

Also (c).. They're competitive ( True)
They can't help suggesting good ideas (False)..
Here's an idea when subbed, you have the right to play 20 cases a day, you do a favor every two cases ( that way you get the chance to raise your contact points with the townies and you don't get bored) after all i think no one plays more than 20 cases a day except bots or SoM addicts :)
They follow the majority to tell off this game and the creator (False).
I for one don't know Ben or have anything aganist him, i'm just voicing my opinion and i believe i have all the right to do so and it's not because someone else is doing.

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

it.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

lol, just because I do more cases, then i became a bot? lol...no, i'm not a bot & i'm not a SoM addict, due to the fact that i don't do 30 cases a day, every single day.

I'm just normal human being, trying my best to play a game that i love, doing it during working hours, because my internet at home is extremely slow. Playing at work also means that I need to do office work, apart from playing the game. ^_^

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

@ Joseph i didn't say you're a bot, i know you're not a bot. You chat, bot's don't :)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@ sissy: yeah, i definitely chat ^_^ I almost chat with our members every single day, except for weekends of course. ^_^

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help