Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Daily Case Limit

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Ben,

Would like to confirm with you, whether its possible for you to implement a counter that tells us, how many cases we've done for the day? Its because I've just reached my daily case limit again, but still able to accuse a file from my case file.

Kindly consider this option. ^_^

Regards,
Joseph

Replies
Dande_Foss
Dande_Foss

This might sound a bit silly,but... maybe a 'favour' counter also...

Sometimes I can't get online til late...and then 12pm hits and I'm not sure if I did my 3 favours before 12, or if I was partway thru the 3rd at 12, leaving me 2..not 3 like I expect... :o)

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

You get a favor case just after your *solved* cases counter reaches a multiple of 4 (e.g. when the counter's value is 88, the next case offered will be a favor case).

If you note, what this counter's value is, when you start, you'll know how many favor cases you're left.

Dande_Foss
Dande_Foss

good point, ty

Droid
Droid

Bilbot,

That's not valid if you save cases and return to them a few days later or if you do more than 12 cases in a day. It's only right in the trivial "4 cases per day" unsubscribed player doing one case after another.

Consider a subscribed player who does 25 cases in a day for example, they might get favours on cases 4, 8 and 12 but they aren't going to get another one on case 16.

I regularly got favour cases after only one normal case if I had played a saved falour just before - admittedly this doesn't happen any more since you can't save favours.

Sabine Eden
Sabine Eden

I am so glad to see this thread. I, too, would like to beg and plead and bribe and throw myself on the mercy of...

Ahem. Excuse me. What I was going to say is that I would love to be able to track my favor cases as has been already mentioned. In my case, my time is split up a little oddly, and I sometimes have time a few hours before and after the server resets, and sometimes have time in the middle of the day.

What often happens is that I'll manage to finish one or two favor cases in the early morning hours, and then will finish the rest of the cases for that day later in the day. So I really don't remember if I've already finished all of my favor cases, or how many I've done.

So if you could implement this count, I--and I imagine everyone else--would be profoundly grateful.

Oh, I almost forgot--and I want a pony.

*ducking to avoid thrown objects from other detectives*

I am serious about the favor counter. But if you want to throw in a pony, too, who am I to say you nay? :D

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

@Droid:
check your *solved* cases counter and tell us what is its value, when you get a favor case. You'll notice that this value is *always* a multiple of 4 (unless you forget to check the cases offered while playing saved cases).

The solved case counter doesn't take care of the origin of the case you solved (saved or not)

Right: if you subscribed, you can't get more than 3 favor cases a day, but it was so obvious that I thought it wasn't worth mentioning this point.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help