Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Code Breaking and Necromancy

edw
edw

I would like to ask if someone (esp. exprienced players) had already tried any of these new skills?

Do they worth the skill points?

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Detective Del: you'll get to learn those skills if only you've done the following:

1) Unlock the stylists and locksmith.
2) Unlock the Bank President and Editor In Chief.
3) Unlock the Facilitator and Janitor.
4) Then if you have enough skill points to spend, you'll be able to learn it.

However, what you need to do in order to achieve all the above requirements, then you have to PM anyone of the players (who have learnt those skills) about it, as it will spoil the game if i tell you here.

Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

How can i get more skill points?

McAvoy
McAvoy

@ Jean-Pierre You should play some more, that's how you get skill points :)

new_detective
new_detective

is their an easy way to earn 2-4 i already have 1

Anyeli
Anyeli

talkin about joseph reply how to get 2-4

Droid
Droid

Keep looking in the bank safe but you need to do a whole load of normal cases first.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

2) Unlock the Bank President and Editor In Chief.
- Keep on doing favors for the locksmith & stylist, when they reach 40 standings, then u get this done
3) Unlock the Facilitator and Janitor.
- After you unlocked 2, keep on doing favors for them until their standings reach at least 30, then u meet with them when not doing cases, they will ask u for 7 expensive perfumes or colognes.
Facilitator teaches Necromancy, Janitor teaches Code Breaking.
4) Then if you have enough skill points to spend, you'll be able to learn it.

Blitzfreak
Blitzfreak

Wow, so you still have to manipulate the spirits... That's kinda funny to imagine...

Intimidation: " Do you want extra whipping from my homie Lucy?"

Charm: "yeah baby,want me to send you to heaven? Uhh wait, you're already there..."

Judge of Character: "His left eyebrow is more transparent than the other, so he must be lying..."

Cinderella
Cinderella

My opinion is that Necromancy is a waste of skill points. Most of the time, they can't answer the question. You waste either charm or intimidation on the spirit then using your skill Necromancy, which took many precious skill points to train. I wish that I hadn't gotten Necromancy. There are also other skills that I wish that I hadn't gotten.

Code breaking is a must.

Azar
Azar

Hi Cind.
It looks, that I have exactly opposite feeling :) It is depend on development of Your detective.
For me Code Breaking is useless, because I have enough standing with all minors to ask them even two free questions about encoded notes - that ability compensates code breaking entirely. I don't have to pay for it, time consuming (1-3 hours vs 2 hours with CB) is irrelevant. Currently there are no more than 2 encoded notes per case (even in RH).
Regarding to Necromancy - I could always ask question to specify townie, even if (s)he is dead. It is very important to me, because I skipped research (on purpose) and I have to find motive during conversation with the townies.
So like You see - different development required different abilities.
I don't say, that my way is better then Yours. They are different :)

I think my way required less skill points, but it has to be supported by high standing level with the townies.

A pinch of boasting ;) - I spend all my skill points very wise and I haven't wasted even 1 point :) (Sorry, my personal flattery).

Azar

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help