Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Code Breaking and Necromancy

edw
edw

I would like to ask if someone (esp. exprienced players) had already tried any of these new skills?

Do they worth the skill points?

Replies
Droid
Droid

I doubt anyone has even learnt who to ask for training on those skills yet. Code breaking is probably worth it, it's costing me a fortune in bribes to get the purple notes decoded at the moment.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Code Breaking is probably more worth it than Necromancy, especially on the following points:

1) Code Breaking can be use at anytime, but Necromancy only allows you to speak to the RECENTLY dead suspect.
2) If you have the priest, realtor & socialite contact standings for treasure hunting, then you don't have to worry about bribing them when you have this skill.

^_^

Sebastiano de bien
Sebastiano de bien

Speaking of socialite, how do we get her to respond? at what level will she starts giving valuable information?

Droid
Droid

Recently dead may simply mean that you can't talk to the ghost of the victim.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@sebastiano: as long as you have some contact points with the socialite, she will be able to decode the note for you, although its not 100\%, because if she can't decode the note for you, there's still the realtor & priest. ^_^

40+ standings with all 3 of them will give u 2 chances of decoding without the need to bribe. ^_^

edw
edw

Thanks. It seems to be too early to be useful to learn it before accessing purple notes.

On the other hand, it seems rarely anybody know what information will the "recently dead" may tell... screaming murderer's name loud? I can't imagine things would be as simple as that.@_@

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Necromancy is much simpler: a dead suspect can't answer questions anymore unless you use necromancy.

edw
edw

That is not an interesting answer. That was a "fact" everyone supposed to know. X_X

Up to now no one have ever tested the power of Necromancy...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

i've tested the power of Necromancy & it works wonders, only thing i don't like about it is that i still need to use manipulation on the spirit when it clammed.

I think both skills are great, Code Breaking to save more money on decoding & also because those minions are needed for TH.

Necromancy is for those who wanted the 3 stars badly & can't seems to get it while doing harder cases.

edw
edw

Thanks a lot! Hurrah to Chen!

Manipulating spirits... HA HA HA! What a great breakthrough!

It is so surprised to see that not just 1 but 2 Necromancy had been achieved! It implied that it is possible to see 3 dead bodies, and questioning 2 spirits in a case!

Maybe I should really consider investing in this skill or work the other way round (e.g. by elimination).

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help