Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Problems With New Players

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi All,

I would like to bring to your attention that its not that we all (Veteran Players) doesn't want or hate new players, its just that they like to send random PMs to us, asking for help, but when we reply to them, they never reply back.

To all new players, is it so fun to send a PM to Veteran players & doesn't care to reply us back once we've replied to you??

Please...don't be a weirdo & force me to put every new players on my ignore lists, as i really don't want to do that. Understand, new players?

Replies
bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

Do as I did: don't reply unless the message is really interesting :)

Not interesting messages:

- do you want to be my friend? (answer : no)
- hello (answer : hello)
- can you give me (answer: no)
- wow you are such a good player! How did you manage to get that much experience (answer: by playing more than 20 games a day)

Interesting messages: your choice :)

Droid
Droid

I on the other hand send random PMs to veterans telling them how to snoop the debug file to avoid missing obscured objects at the crime scene ;)

Terri Queen
Terri Queen

I don't believe I've received one of those Droid....maybe I will get lucky soon. Spreading such secrets, I'm not surprised you've gone to such efforts to disguise yourself these days ;)

Joseph - it must be the beret, it makes you look so approachable, interesting and chic :)

nohrah1
nohrah1

Detective Joseph Chen I have been fortunate enough to have had your advice and I have always sent a reply. Thus not all newbies lack manners.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

thank you nohrah1 ^_^

well, yeah...some of them will reply, but others will not.

nohrah1
nohrah1

Maybe we need a manners page where we could state the obvious. Like: Always return phone calls even just to say you have no time to talk. When you get a gift of someones time - don't take them for granted. And of course the biggie - don't pick your nose in public. (Cheeky Grin)

bilbot-the-hommit
bilbot-the-hommit

can we pick other people's noses in public?

Captain Scarlett
Captain Scarlett

Pick a nose - I knew there was something I forgot to do.

*Elle*
*Elle*

And yet your glasses stay on!

Cinderella
Cinderella

Captain Scarlett, I think that men without noses are sexy.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help