Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Case Giver and Case File Changes

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Three new changes have gone live today. Thanks to those of you who sent me feedback on these issues.

1) If you quit or are kicked out of an agency, any private case files are now marked as not-private. This is just to prevent private case files from sitting around forever when somebody leaves. All such existing stale files are now marked not-private as well (this is retroactive).

2) You are no longer allowed to store favor cases in Case Files. This change is not retroactive, so if you have favors sitting around in case files, they are still accessible. This change (along with #3 below) is meant to make treasure hunts more competitive and longer-lasting.

1) Most Case Giving Contacts now give you one less case option at a time.
15-39 = 1 Case offered
40+ = 2 Cases offered
The exception is your original Contact (Sergeant or Reporter), who will still offer 2-3 cases. The primary reason for this change is to make Treasure Hunts tougher (and hence worth doing), but it should also make contact building a little more interesting. I realise the downside of this is that older players had an easier path than newer players, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives on this.

Replies
Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

Ben, i noticed i have 9 items in my inventory not just 8 so does that mean we can store unlimited number of items now ??

Azar
Azar

Sissy - I bet, that You have at least one key :)

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

Well for the second time all my contacts offered me favors except the mob boss????? i'm thinking this can't be my fault..

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

Azar, i have one skeleton key and 8 gifts. I don't know if that's normal but before ,it seemed to me that skeleton keys replaced gifts in my inventory.

Dande_Foss
Dande_Foss

Thanks for the turnback in cases...I didn't mind quite so much (but for the Mob Boss screw up)....my only concern is with the new factions, doing an SM or TH for anybody is overly penalized.

Droid
Droid

I recon we ought to be able to keep the documents we find on SMs.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Ben, Thanks so much. I still like to save favor cases for treasure hunts. So we agree if every agency can do it then what is the problem. Our team has a great time getting together. That is what it is all about, your friends on Sleuth and wanting to chat with them.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Ben, please see the private message that I sent to the admin.

Cinderella
Cinderella

OK, message sent. I forgot to include that I didn't think anything could look at bad as Droid's hat on him, but Ben I do have to say that yours really looks like a lampshade. Also with the glasses, are you trying to outdo Droid???

Night Owl
Night Owl

Any idea on when the cases avialiable will be changed back today?
It's just i'm sat on favour cases right now and won't use them until i know. I'm hoping with the return to more cases being offered again i'll have a better chance of actually getting a favour for the Editor so i can reach those harder cases now. 1 favour for the Editor in the last 3 days (Int only too), its proving rather long winded just to reach those harder cases :(

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help