Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Case Giver and Case File Changes

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Three new changes have gone live today. Thanks to those of you who sent me feedback on these issues.

1) If you quit or are kicked out of an agency, any private case files are now marked as not-private. This is just to prevent private case files from sitting around forever when somebody leaves. All such existing stale files are now marked not-private as well (this is retroactive).

2) You are no longer allowed to store favor cases in Case Files. This change is not retroactive, so if you have favors sitting around in case files, they are still accessible. This change (along with #3 below) is meant to make treasure hunts more competitive and longer-lasting.

1) Most Case Giving Contacts now give you one less case option at a time.
15-39 = 1 Case offered
40+ = 2 Cases offered
The exception is your original Contact (Sergeant or Reporter), who will still offer 2-3 cases. The primary reason for this change is to make Treasure Hunts tougher (and hence worth doing), but it should also make contact building a little more interesting. I realise the downside of this is that older players had an easier path than newer players, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives on this.

Replies
milmot2
milmot2

@I. Clouseau

I don't cheat: I'm just smart and competent enough to create and use my own tools to make the game easier for me. Besides no rule in the game forbids bots and cheating means breaking rules.

As I know that everybody can't be as competent as I am (thanks God), I don't use bots when they would provide me an unfair advantage. For example, I never use bots with my main detective. I use them on my pet detectives to play beginner games (thus gaining no fame point) between favor cases.

I don't take notes while playing (it saves trees). However I don't consider that people filling a detailed form to help them keep track of what they did in a game are cheaters. They are just less lazy than I or need memory pills.

Cinderella
Cinderella

@Milmot2, aren't you not subscribing anymore? Yes using a bot is cheating. Why don't you take your bot and create your own program if you are so smart. You are still upset that you can't reach AIU. Here is a tissue. Everyone now knows that you reached the top by cheating. You haven't been a team player only wanting to satisfy your own desire to be number one. Just to think that even using your bot, you still could not beat AIU.

milmot2
milmot2

@Cinderella

Only one word: pathetic. I'm stupendously sorry for you. I'd wish I could help you again but you have exhausted all my resources.

The good news: I'm so happy by the wide victory of Mr President elected Obama , and as I don't have to sve the world anymore, that I have decided to renew my subscription.

PianoMan
PianoMan

Ok I was given a Gift sub and it was nice helped build an agency then got moved to different agency and helped build it up too. I can't afford to resub right now due to lots of wonderful medical bills ect. (I snapped of my right hip ball and about 2-3" of my femer from the rest of my leg 13 weeks ago)

I couldn't do much during the first several weeks due to a higly uncomfortable chair ect to sit at the computer but either way I've grown very BORED with SoM. I log on because I have people I talk to on here and maybe some fooling around on the boards. If it weren't for that I would have resigned my current agency and allowed my account to go inactive.

Something I would like to see would be the cases be more intereactive somehow IE allow you to input information 50-100 Characters per suspect in the case file. Set it up so you have to escape from someones house while trying to gather evidence or happen to overhear something, like on Noir finding a schedule book ect. Yes recieving items would help too breifcases, brass knuckles hats coats ect ect ect. I've not spent a whole lot of time playing around on my Noir account but I did find it enjoyable for being unsubbed it's simpler in some ways but at the same time it seemed more enjoyable because you could do things as well with it. I'm not trying to whine and gripe here I'm just putting forth some suggestions that for someone whom spent over 1/2 of their play time unsubsribed it would help.

Also creating a list of nonsubbed Top rankers might be an idea too give those of us whom really tried to build up skills and things as well. I spent like 3-4 months straight and got my player up to about 14k XP and was proud of myself but you wouldn't know it due to the fact I was too low for my age range ect.

This is just a few thoughts I've had on some things.

Droid
Droid

Sorry to hear about your hip MM, a table of unsubbed wouldn't work because someone would unsub just to be at the top of it.

@Ben, has the reduced case modification affected the harder case giver's enhancement? I haven't had a case for locksmith/stylist since the reduction in cases.

milmot2
milmot2

@Droid
I'm not sure that Ben will answer such a question but I did notice too that I got less locksmith/stylist cases too (in fact I thought I got "too" many cases locksmith/stylist a week ago).

If the choice of townies is truly random, it can be normal. Less cases means less townies thus less locksmith/stylist cases. As you pay more attention to these townies, they seem to be rarer.

And, if the choice is not random, Ben won't tell us :)

Detective Sissy Andrews
Detective Sissy Andrews

Ben, i can not take it anymore.. I know that you asked us to wait for a week or so but since everyone else is complaining i might as well get this off my chest.. See change is good but i don't see what good comes from reducing the number of cases especially when you're playing IH cases because previously i was usualy offered about 2 IH and one VVH or 2 VVH and one IH so i always had the chance to choose the IH but NOW i'm offered only 2 cases and it's not always an IH case and i'm forced to play VVH cases for less exp. points..So i want that extra case again...
Another thing yesterday it was time for a favor case, the morgue assistant and the reporter offered me favors but the mob boss didn't. 0.o....
One last thing before i go, let's say i'm offered 2 cases, one for tailor and one for shoemaker, i log out and i come back again to find totally different favors.. Again very confusing.

That's it for now..

BrandiElle
BrandiElle

@Siss
Even when I had 8 cases offered by the bishop / mayor / and mob boss, it happened that all cases were VH or VVH.
In that case, you can play a beginner case (it saves a lot of time) and hope for an IH game next time.

Anyway, your best chance for IH games is to unlock other bosses.

Suryaghandhi
Suryaghandhi

I'm having problems when playing this game the first time i had trouble entering the living rooms it said loading 0\% and stayed there but i gave it a few hours and now I can't enter the bedrooms it keeps saying loading but does not go anywhere just stays at 0\% once again. what's going on?

Azar
Azar

Milmot - I was wandering, when You will change Your mind. Many detectives (in flesh and blood or another Your clones) begged You to stay and ... at last - there is Milmot on his white unicorn :), who can save the world (maybe game, doesn't matter). That was very good PR campany (truly).

Ben - we are waiting for Sunday (previous Sunday You claimed, that we have seven days to observe consequences of changes).

Like You see - THs are almost dying ... Like I posted previously - we have some kind of paradox - less cases from case givers - all detectives have to open at least two old faction bosses, but then they will be no more interested in TH opening (Special Mission rules with -5 penalties for other faction) and .... squaring the circle. We will have more opportunity to choose right townie, but we have no volunteer to open TH :(

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help