Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Case Giver and Case File Changes

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Three new changes have gone live today. Thanks to those of you who sent me feedback on these issues.

1) If you quit or are kicked out of an agency, any private case files are now marked as not-private. This is just to prevent private case files from sitting around forever when somebody leaves. All such existing stale files are now marked not-private as well (this is retroactive).

2) You are no longer allowed to store favor cases in Case Files. This change is not retroactive, so if you have favors sitting around in case files, they are still accessible. This change (along with #3 below) is meant to make treasure hunts more competitive and longer-lasting.

1) Most Case Giving Contacts now give you one less case option at a time.
15-39 = 1 Case offered
40+ = 2 Cases offered
The exception is your original Contact (Sergeant or Reporter), who will still offer 2-3 cases. The primary reason for this change is to make Treasure Hunts tougher (and hence worth doing), but it should also make contact building a little more interesting. I realise the downside of this is that older players had an easier path than newer players, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives on this.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi Ben,

I would like to know is it possible for you to tweak some changes onto favor related issues? If yes, I would like to suggest that favor should be able to stack up. Meaning let say a new player started playing today (sub), 3 days later, he will be able to do 9 favor cases, as long as he/she solve enough 3 normal cases per favor. This would compromise to the fact that we can't store favor cases. Hope you could consider it.

Regards,
Joseph

Azar
Azar

Joseph - I don't agree with Your propose. Current rules force us to play regularly and it is OK for me. It works in the same way in Noir and it is good solution: no play - no fun - no favours :)

BEN
I have proposal regarding to new rules (limitation of cases from case givers and prohibition of save favours):
- You should not punish (-10) detective for open TH
- or cancel interaction between old factions after Special Mission (do not reduce other factions standing points after SM).
Why: till now part of agency has one faction boss open with very strong standing (different members has different boss). Now they have to open new faction bosses (because lack of case to choose) and .... - open TH and doing SM at the same time is not possible. It could happen, that none of members will want open TH, because it will be to harmful.

rodman
rodman

I have noticed slower response times beginning around Oct 30... as compared to the previous 70+days. There has been no change in my connectivity. I suspect that the slower times are due to either problems with the host server or due to programing changes - "just a hunch"

milmot2
milmot2

Hi Ben and Joseph.

Ben's idea is a good idea but only for young players. I think that the game now makes it too hard for a young player to build his/her detective. For older players I share Azar's remark.

Opening TH ought to be to tough decision to make. So the way things are now (and were) are OK with me.

Real team spirit means that you sacrifice yourself for the good of the team. So either you are selfish and wants as many cases offered as possible thus never starts a hunt (or even takes part in it), or you are more team oriented and sacrifice 2 cases givers.

milmot2
milmot2

Another fun proposal:

As now treasure hunting is as its desired level of difficulty, I think it is a good time to reset all fame points to 0. You save the current standings in a dedicated page for history (note that I'm asking that as KKK is "only" top 3).

You could do that for detectives to but skill points are tied to exp points (I'd love to have 0 exp again to reach level 12 in all skills :)

I. Clouseau
I. Clouseau

If you want to start again from scratch then do so, neubody is steuping yeu. See how fast yeu can climb up the beurd of newbies without cheating.

Night Owl
Night Owl

Good try Milmot ;)

BTW it would be more useful not to keep having repeat favours offered in one go, for example i have 2 for the fixer one Int one VH and then 3 for the shoemaker 2 IH and one Int......not a lot of choice in one set of favours is it?
If you are going to limit how many favours are on offer depending on standing then at least consider NOT having repeat choices in the one list of offerings.

milmot2
milmot2

Minor improvement:

With encoded documents, we may need to talk the priest / socialite or realtor in the game. Having a standing of 15 or more should give us a free question as other townies.

milmot2
milmot2

@I. Clouseau

I don't cheat: I'm just smart and competent enough to create and use my own tools to make the game easier for me. Besides no rule in the game forbids bots and cheating means breaking rules.

As I know that everybody can't be as competent as I am (thanks God), I don't use bots when they would provide me an unfair advantage. For example, I never use bots with my main detective. I use them on my pet detectives to play beginner games (thus gaining no fame point) between favor cases.

I don't take notes while playing (it saves trees). However I don't consider that people filling a detailed form to help them keep track of what they did in a game are cheaters. They are just less lazy than I or need memory pills.

Cinderella
Cinderella

@Milmot2, aren't you not subscribing anymore? Yes using a bot is cheating. Why don't you take your bot and create your own program if you are so smart. You are still upset that you can't reach AIU. Here is a tissue. Everyone now knows that you reached the top by cheating. You haven't been a team player only wanting to satisfy your own desire to be number one. Just to think that even using your bot, you still could not beat AIU.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help