Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Case Giver and Case File Changes

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Three new changes have gone live today. Thanks to those of you who sent me feedback on these issues.

1) If you quit or are kicked out of an agency, any private case files are now marked as not-private. This is just to prevent private case files from sitting around forever when somebody leaves. All such existing stale files are now marked not-private as well (this is retroactive).

2) You are no longer allowed to store favor cases in Case Files. This change is not retroactive, so if you have favors sitting around in case files, they are still accessible. This change (along with #3 below) is meant to make treasure hunts more competitive and longer-lasting.

1) Most Case Giving Contacts now give you one less case option at a time.
15-39 = 1 Case offered
40+ = 2 Cases offered
The exception is your original Contact (Sergeant or Reporter), who will still offer 2-3 cases. The primary reason for this change is to make Treasure Hunts tougher (and hence worth doing), but it should also make contact building a little more interesting. I realise the downside of this is that older players had an easier path than newer players, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives on this.

Replies
milmot2
milmot2

Ok my Cinderella mode is not good. Let us switch back to my milmot2 mode.

-------- core error #AZAR3456D5. Core dumped.
Please reboot.
Please reboot.
Please reboot.
Please reb

Cinderella
Cinderella

Milmot2, I am counting down the seconds left until your subscription expires. Some people can't take losing. Cry baby.

Dande_Foss
Dande_Foss

I submitted a bug report, but since admins are replying here, I will add comment...

I am 'sitting' on Favour cases..I have 110 standing with the Mob Boss, who is offering 1 favour, for the Morgue Ass't...when I go to the Morgue Ass't, I am not given the option to accept his case...

so, out of my 4 contacts, I have 5 favour cases, one which is useless.....

Dande_Foss
Dande_Foss

I will reiterate....it states on detective page... a standing of 40+ will offer 2 cases at a time...my mob boss offers 1 useless favour...

Dande_Foss
Dande_Foss

posted by Sleuth Admin

Dande_Foss:
Yes, as far as I can tell, you are currently being offered two cases by the Desk Sergeant, who is your original contact. With a standing of less than 40, that is the right amount.

Desk Sarge is offering 2 cases, thanks for that..I must have typed wrong....but what of Mob Boss who is at 110?

thanks for any reply

Droid
Droid

@Ben,

Although in theory there is more competition in us doing the cases live you forgot one thing, the server is so damn slow with more than about half a dozen users actively playing that it's not usable. I've just taken 35 minutes over a "very hard" case, 20 minutes of which has been me shouting "come on you drag-arse game" at my PC.

Captain Scarlett
Captain Scarlett

This is so slow it's unbelievable, is Milmot testing his 'bots again?

jarrek lander
jarrek lander

So far the less cases have not bothered me as much as it did at first.But for those with drag it happens very little too me ,but I have highspeed internet maybe thats the prob?

Cinderella
Cinderella

LOL, Captain Scarlett, who knows he might have 25 computers by now. LOL. I have to admit that I still like Milmot2 and feel bad for calling him a cry baby, but sometimes you just have to express feelings.

Todays Treasure Hunt was a nightmare. Server very, very slow. I am like Droid, the site made me swear a few times. It would even be better if doing a treasure hunt that you could just get all of your favors. That would at least help out. Todays hunt was like no other. We didn't have the group gathering like usual. We were there but busy trying to work with the slow server and doing beginning cases in between.

Ben, I also hope that you start selling hats for Droid's size. To think that he has shades on under that.

Droid
Droid

You might be right Jarrek, percieved server speed might relate to how much you/me pay for our personal Internet connections or indeed how many hops your TCP/IP packets have to traverse. If you know anything about user perceptions of virtualized servers and storage be my guest to feedback - post in Sleuth Talk.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help