Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Case Giver and Case File Changes

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Three new changes have gone live today. Thanks to those of you who sent me feedback on these issues.

1) If you quit or are kicked out of an agency, any private case files are now marked as not-private. This is just to prevent private case files from sitting around forever when somebody leaves. All such existing stale files are now marked not-private as well (this is retroactive).

2) You are no longer allowed to store favor cases in Case Files. This change is not retroactive, so if you have favors sitting around in case files, they are still accessible. This change (along with #3 below) is meant to make treasure hunts more competitive and longer-lasting.

1) Most Case Giving Contacts now give you one less case option at a time.
15-39 = 1 Case offered
40+ = 2 Cases offered
The exception is your original Contact (Sergeant or Reporter), who will still offer 2-3 cases. The primary reason for this change is to make Treasure Hunts tougher (and hence worth doing), but it should also make contact building a little more interesting. I realise the downside of this is that older players had an easier path than newer players, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives on this.

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

wow! I didn't online for 2 days & it seems that a lot of things have changed.

congratulations to those who have harder cases unlocked. ^_^

Cinderella
Cinderella

Ben, The average contact points that I have with my townies are in the mid 20's. I am offered 6 choices in favor cases. I had 3 of the same person today with an IH, VH, H.

Mayor is 1 choice
Bishop is 1 choice
Morgue is 1 choice
Reporter is 1 choice
Desk Sergeant is 2 choices

Several cases I have not been offered a beginners so it is taking me longer to get my favors in.

You might as well just put AIU on hold until others catch up. That is really what is being done. Is that being fair to us? I also think that it is a bad idea to allow small agencies. Small agencies can't participate in treasure hunts. So right there is a loss of people that could be doing treasure hunts.

Also maybe think of offering new people a month's free trial to get them interested.

Also the older detectives like myself that have not participated in as many treasure hunts as i have, have an advantage as their contact points are higher than mine due to losing points due to treasure hunting.

BTW, Azar is a very intelligent person full of wisdom. We are number one because of his strategy. Please consider all the suggestions that he offers to you.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Ben, The average contact points that I have with my townies are in the mid 20's. I am offered 6 choices in favor cases. I had 3 of the same person today with an IH, VH, H.

Mayor is 1 choice
Bishop is 1 choice
Morgue is 1 choice
Reporter is 1 choice
Desk Sergeant is 2 choices

Several cases I have not been offered a beginners so it is taking me longer to get my favors in.

You might as well just put AIU on hold until others catch up. That is really what is being done. Is that being fair to us? I also think that it is a bad idea to allow small agencies. Small agencies can't participate in treasure hunts. So right there is a loss of people that could be doing treasure hunts.

Also maybe think of offering new people a month's free trial to get them interested.

Also the older detectives like myself that have not participated in as many treasure hunts as i have, have an advantage as their contact points are higher than mine due to losing points due to treasure hunting.

BTW, Azar is a very intelligent person full of wisdom. We are number one because of his strategy. Please consider all the suggestions that he offers to you.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

hi Ben,

Since you're updating quite a lot of things, why not consider about this as well:

Favor Case - Allow the players to see how long is the deadline of the favor before accepting it.

I'm sure a lot of players will appreciate this change. ^_^

Regards,
Joseph

milmot2
milmot2

@Droid
"we have been avoiding taking hunts away from the younger agencies because we want them to grow so we have some competition."

-> not true: you "stole" treasure hunts from us (we are a younger agency) and avenging angels. Although I don't care much for our THs, I thought there was no honor (watch too much Star Trek lately) in the "avenging angels" theft.

-- end of this discussion --

milmot2
milmot2

@Ben

Ford Fairlane = Milmot2. Ford, BrandiElle and KJoMoore left the game and trusted me to take great care of their detective. So I have to play 5 detectives (L.D. Wallen is BrandiElle's pet detective) every day hency my need for a good bot.

What I tried to write was even a young programmer would do better than you but I failed. Now I feel depressive again.

As a senior software manager, I pay attention to everything including the polishing. A junior programmer saying that polishing is not important will get a good kick in the butt or a gentle tap on his hand (NCIS's Gibbs is my hero). A senior programmer would ust get a pink slip.

I used the mail tool to tell you about some typos I found (like "firend") a few months ago. Those typos are still tarnishing your fame.

Azar
Azar

Milmot,
Like I see You are very "literally" man (maybe men :)).

First thing - fight during KKK and AIU - it was competition between two very strong agencies with more-less equal potential. I think, that Ben was very happy with that competition, but it could be only one :) (You like quotation from movies - it is "Highlander" - very good movie, by the way)

Second thing - It is true, that Avenging Angels opened one TH, which we (AIU) finished. AA is quite young, but good organise agency, which are tested game as for now. Opening TH was one of the test. Unfortunatelly for them - they opened the longest TH (9 clues), which they had no chance to finish. We were waited two days for their move, but it wasn't happened. Then we finished that TH.
Now is time for movie - it will be S05E13 Stargete Atlantis (last week) - main characters was judged for a few bad think, which they done unintentionally and no one take into consideration, that that heroes save the Galaxy of Pegasus hundred times :)

milmot2
milmot2

@Azar:

"First thing - fight during KKK and AIU - it was competition between two very strong agencies with more-less equal potential."

Not true: KKK was created on July 1st so had 0 fame point at that time. How many did AIU have? Subtract that from your current fame and we are on an equal footing.

"Second thing":

I'm sorry English is not my mother tongue and I'm sober. I don't understand what you wrote.

Azar
Azar

Hm, the show must go on:
first thing - we (AIU) have over 24000 fame points more then KKK. Score AIU on 3rd July (Yes, I have noted that things): 18145. Any comments?
By the way - potential and actual score - there are different things.

second thing - English is not my mother tongue, either. But You know about this and that is the reason of Your comment. I hope that other detectives understand that point.

Ford Fairlane
Ford Fairlane

No comment: 1815 means we were *virtually* top 1 in mid October before I took a break (the difference was only 12K). So I'm very happy: mission done (I thought you had far less points in July).

Beating you in the real score is either impossible or take too much resources for what it is worth.

As we say in French: victory without peril means triumph without glory. So happy victory to you. Glory is enough for me.

As for the second thing, I didn't know English was not your mother tongue (that is the first time we share so many words). So I wasn't joking on you and I really don't understand what you wrote. What I understand is "we took the case from Avenging Avengels as they were too slow to complete it". As Avenging Angels is a younger agency, it is normal that they need more time to complete a hunt. So I think it is not a good reason. Anyway it illustrates my point: Droid wrote "we don't take hunts from younger agencies" and you wrote "yes we did and we are not ashamed".

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help