Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Case Giver and Case File Changes

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Three new changes have gone live today. Thanks to those of you who sent me feedback on these issues.

1) If you quit or are kicked out of an agency, any private case files are now marked as not-private. This is just to prevent private case files from sitting around forever when somebody leaves. All such existing stale files are now marked not-private as well (this is retroactive).

2) You are no longer allowed to store favor cases in Case Files. This change is not retroactive, so if you have favors sitting around in case files, they are still accessible. This change (along with #3 below) is meant to make treasure hunts more competitive and longer-lasting.

1) Most Case Giving Contacts now give you one less case option at a time.
15-39 = 1 Case offered
40+ = 2 Cases offered
The exception is your original Contact (Sergeant or Reporter), who will still offer 2-3 cases. The primary reason for this change is to make Treasure Hunts tougher (and hence worth doing), but it should also make contact building a little more interesting. I realise the downside of this is that older players had an easier path than newer players, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives on this.

Replies
Azar
Azar

It is my turn :)
I agree with Erin - I can deal with no saved favour cases. It is similar to Noir. To be honest I was wondering, when at the very beginning of Treasure Hunt (24th of May) it realized, that we could store favours. We (AIU) have to change our strategy, but that change is understandable. And, I think, there are no possibility to beat my team (to be honest), less solved TH, less points ...
Regarding to cutting down quantity of cases - it is not very wise decision. It limits favours's option and it is very bad. Especially at the beginning of game. Second thing - I opened new faction boss, but for now there are only 4 poeople, who did it (Erin, Kacirek an Milmot2's trinity as well). The other detectives will have now very limited access to do it :(

Stop with complaining - now my suggestion.
Ben - You should:
1. implemented something similar to Archvillain Hunt from Noir. It is very exciting feature and could well balanced "no saving favour" feature.
2. implemented possibility of taking clothes (maybe connected with Archvillain Hunt), and maybe increase of quantity of it from 3 (suit and two hands) to at least five (like in Noir).
3. I dream about whole-agency hunt for very bad person. All members could search tips during their normal cases. A piece of evidence could be found during normal search houses. For example: one member could find "strange" note - "I think that bartender could know something about yesterday shooting". We could collect his tips, when some of detectives do favour for bartender and have at least 25 points for him (like in TH). I think, that that option should have been without any standing penalties. Maybe after few tips, new temporary townie could appear and ..... It could last a few days (15-20 various tips) and it could be named Strong Treasure Hunt :)
4. I think, that idea about collecting books from Noir could be implemented as well in SoM. Maybe not in the same form, but similar.
That's all for now.

Thanks Ben for Your activity and we are waiting for more 

Azar
Azar

Two more things:
1. it would be good, if we will have the choice, when we are giving document to socialite, realtor or priest. Now we have no choice - there is a fixed sequence and we have no chance to choice if I will give priest document priest-realtor or priest priest-socialite.
2. regarding to my idea of "strong treasure hunt" - one of the tip could be tribute - for example: "I will tell You what You want to know, but I need expensive perfume (ten skeleton keys)"

Azar
Azar

Clothes could give permanently or temporary extra question(s) for specify townie, for example:
- +1 question for specify townie
- butcher is Your friend and always answer Your questions
etc.

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Keep in mind that this isn't just about treasure hunts, I want to add more features that rely on gaining and spending contact standing in order to unlock content. With the new Case Givers, an advanced detective will now likely have access to at least 6 case givers. If all of them are about 40+, that's 18 favors you would have to choose from. Considering there are only a little more than 20 characters who give favors, you would rarely ever need to wait more than two favor rounds in order to get the chance to get a particular townie.

Ford Fairlane:
Wait a minute, are you saying I'm NOT a Young Programmer! Why I ought to be offended :)
I agree that if a case giver is only offering a single case, you should not get the case list page, but it shuold go straight to the info screen for that case. That's really a polish thing though and not really a gameplay issue.

Droid:
I'm not sure there would be less need for coordinated gameplay under this system. When favor storing was allowed, most of the work in getting a treasure hunt done was before the hunt started. Now, you will typically want to have as many members on and waiting with favors to choose from as possible before a hunt begins.

Erin Wright:
If anything, under this system, the extra case givers you have unlocked over time are now MORE valuable with fewer cases to choose from. I would think that the people who have more to complain about are the newer players who now need to work harder in order to get where you are in terms of contact standing.

Dande_Foss:
Yes, as far as I can tell, you are currently being offered two cases by the Desk Sergeant, who is your original contact. With a standing of less than 40, that is the right amount.

Now, I'm not above admitting mistakes, and if a week or so goes by and the consensus is that this is bad for the game overall, than I'll be happy to raise the case number again. I do feel like this will help bring the effort level necessary for treasure hunts and other large challenges to a better level. So, please give this a chance.

Thanks a

Azar
Azar

One more thing:
two pockets for things:
first for gifts and clothes (8 items)
second - for skeleton key (unlimited)

It is my humble proposal :)

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

wow! I didn't online for 2 days & it seems that a lot of things have changed.

congratulations to those who have harder cases unlocked. ^_^

Cinderella
Cinderella

Ben, The average contact points that I have with my townies are in the mid 20's. I am offered 6 choices in favor cases. I had 3 of the same person today with an IH, VH, H.

Mayor is 1 choice
Bishop is 1 choice
Morgue is 1 choice
Reporter is 1 choice
Desk Sergeant is 2 choices

Several cases I have not been offered a beginners so it is taking me longer to get my favors in.

You might as well just put AIU on hold until others catch up. That is really what is being done. Is that being fair to us? I also think that it is a bad idea to allow small agencies. Small agencies can't participate in treasure hunts. So right there is a loss of people that could be doing treasure hunts.

Also maybe think of offering new people a month's free trial to get them interested.

Also the older detectives like myself that have not participated in as many treasure hunts as i have, have an advantage as their contact points are higher than mine due to losing points due to treasure hunting.

BTW, Azar is a very intelligent person full of wisdom. We are number one because of his strategy. Please consider all the suggestions that he offers to you.

Cinderella
Cinderella

Ben, The average contact points that I have with my townies are in the mid 20's. I am offered 6 choices in favor cases. I had 3 of the same person today with an IH, VH, H.

Mayor is 1 choice
Bishop is 1 choice
Morgue is 1 choice
Reporter is 1 choice
Desk Sergeant is 2 choices

Several cases I have not been offered a beginners so it is taking me longer to get my favors in.

You might as well just put AIU on hold until others catch up. That is really what is being done. Is that being fair to us? I also think that it is a bad idea to allow small agencies. Small agencies can't participate in treasure hunts. So right there is a loss of people that could be doing treasure hunts.

Also maybe think of offering new people a month's free trial to get them interested.

Also the older detectives like myself that have not participated in as many treasure hunts as i have, have an advantage as their contact points are higher than mine due to losing points due to treasure hunting.

BTW, Azar is a very intelligent person full of wisdom. We are number one because of his strategy. Please consider all the suggestions that he offers to you.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

hi Ben,

Since you're updating quite a lot of things, why not consider about this as well:

Favor Case - Allow the players to see how long is the deadline of the favor before accepting it.

I'm sure a lot of players will appreciate this change. ^_^

Regards,
Joseph

milmot2
milmot2

@Droid
"we have been avoiding taking hunts away from the younger agencies because we want them to grow so we have some competition."

-> not true: you "stole" treasure hunts from us (we are a younger agency) and avenging angels. Although I don't care much for our THs, I thought there was no honor (watch too much Star Trek lately) in the "avenging angels" theft.

-- end of this discussion --

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help