Community - Message Boards

Sleuth Talk

Gender Specific PE

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Hi All,

I would like to ask for opinions again, is it better if Sleuth Admin make a change for PE into Gender Specific during matching.

Let say I've analyzed a thread that belongs to a man. When I go to the tailor to match it, only man suspects (which I have sample) to appear, rather than all suspects, in regardless of male or female.

I do accept when i'm unable to analyze a PE, the lists will be full, but when I know its a male thread, I think female suspects shouldn't appear.

Kindly discuss this matter ^_^

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

hmm... your opinion make sense to me. Thank you. ^_^

Ham Smithfield
Ham Smithfield

It actually makes sense, when you think about it. When you take a cloth sample, you're not actually taking the whole coat, just a little bit of it for testing. That little bit wouldn't be enough to determine if the coat is a man's or a woman's. Besides, the PE left at the crime scene wouldn't be enough to tell what kind of coat it belonged to either, I don't think (It's just a scrap of cloth!).

There are actually two gender specific kinds of PE. Lipstick stains come only from female suspects; tobacco ashes come only from male suspects.

But then, you knew that! :)

MissManda722
MissManda722

I actually agree with milmot...that's part of the game and the strategy. If we have admin make everything too easy on us then the game stops being as fun and challenging.

milmot2
milmot2

I agree with me too :) Bad idea, Joseph, bad idea :(

MissManda722
MissManda722

lmao....*no further comments necessary*

Cinderella
Cinderella

Joseph so really what you are saying is that you want Ben to solve the case for you?

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

lol Cinderella,

is there such a meaning for Ben to solve my cases for me in my post?

to make things clear for you:
1) I found a thread
2) I analyze the thread, it belongs to a male suspect
3) I go to the tailor to check & I hope Ben would implement it so that female suspect wouldn't appear in the checklist (of course I have to have the samples for those male suspects)

Make sense to you now? ^_^

Cinderella
Cinderella

Joseph, I knew what you were talking about. I don't need you to clarify what you said. I am not stupid. The more things that you want Ben to do to help your Detective, the more things, you will not have to do.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help