Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Locating suspects

Desert Fox
Desert Fox

What happens when you're out of leads and couldn't locate the other suspects?

The 1st suspect had no leads to give me and the 2nd one too. Now I'm stuck...

Replies
Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

In the front page before you login, you'll see the below message:

Sleuth: Shades of Mystery is an open-ended, detective role playing game (RPG) where you solve mysteries by searching for clues, questioning suspects and interviewing witnesses. Every mystery is unique with different victims, suspects and clues. "All mysteries are solvable, in fact there are always multiple ways to solve any single mystery", but player skill and a small amount of luck are necessary to nab the guilty suspect.

You need to take note of the message in double-quotes ^_^ It really means just that: Every mystery is solvable.

Good luck.

Desert Fox
Desert Fox

Yeah I figured out it had something to do with the "signed note" thing as soon as I typed my question lol. But thanks for the help anyways, much appreciated:)

MissManda722
MissManda722

I firmly believe that there are only 3 circumstances where are a case is "unsolvable".

1) You are playing a Harder cases and a suspect dies, taking with them the WE you need to get 3 stars. However, this doesn't mean the case is really unsolvable, it's just means you'll have to risk an FA to solve it.

2) You get a glitch that gives you less than a day to solve the case. This is the most legitimate of the 3.

3) This is if you AREN'T using the tab method, and it turns out that PE or notes you needed were completely obstructed by something else...so you had no idea they were there. Once again, using the Tab button will solve this problem (refer to the tread I started about "Example of Hidden PE/Notes" to see how to avoid missing crucial stuff.

All in all, I believe that 99.99\% of the cases out there are completely solvable...the truth is that it's almost never a glitch, only player error.

Anywho, SuperSleuth.Weebly.com has a page dedicated to helping newbies not get stuck with no more charm/int, etc.

And yes...never underestimate the power of yellow notes, and for people on limited resources it's actually BEST to find leads via yellow notes and NOT ask for them.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help