Community - Message Boards

Message Board Game Room

Corrupt a Wish

dotcomm3
dotcomm3

Okay, so I know this was a big hit over on the Sleuth Noir boards, so I thought I'd start the game over here!

So for all newbies out there, here's how the game works. The person before you posts a wish. You make that wish come true, but with a little twist. Then you make a wish of your own. Like this:

User 1:
I wish I had a pony.

User 2:
You have a pony, but it bites you on a semi-regular basis.

I wish I could find true love.

User 3:
You find true love, but the person you fall in love with is frightfully disgusting and your entire family hates him/her.

I wish I had a good wish.

And that's basically how it goes. Get it? Got it? Good. Let's get to wishin'! I'll start things off...

I wish I was psychic.

Replies
Dr Amnesia
Dr Amnesia

Your wish comes true (since your 'wish' precedes the action of making the person unable to grant wishes) and thus you have simply lost your chance to make a wish.....

I wish that I didn't have hay fever.

Lucius Iroquois Plissken
Lucius Iroquois Plissken

Your wish comes true, but you have an eternal cold (i had to lol) and hypothermia.

I wish that whoever grants my wish can not cause it to go sour, but rather whatever catch comes with it negatively effects them and brings about a bad omen upon THEIR wish, double time. (i'm still trying ; )

Dr Amnesia
Dr Amnesia

But you haven't made a wish.......

Dr Amnesia
Dr Amnesia

'I wish that whoever grants my wish....' = solipsism

Lucius Iroquois Plissken
Lucius Iroquois Plissken

Well it counts, it's a wish on the person granting it not to be able to do the norm in this page, I'm trying to get out of having anything bad happen basically and since it goes onto THEM I think I finally did it. The words "I wish" confirm that a wish has been made, it's just complex and I understand that.

Dr Amnesia
Dr Amnesia

(nope - it just brings thread to a standstill i'm afraid :)

I wish I could sing like Maria Callas

Elle QC
Elle QC

Granted - but that's all u can ever do. You can't speak, whisper or anything else. Just constant operatic singing at the top of your voice!

I wish my hair was always perfect when I wake up.

Kristalle
Kristalle

So be it! But it is a perfect 'pudding-bowl' hairdo and stays that way - not a hair out of place - for all time.

I wish that I could always bring sunshine and happiness into people's lives.

Dr Amnesia
Dr Amnesia

Your wish becomes reality.However, with everyone so serene and happy people just sit around content - no drive to do anything as they are all happy with their lot. Civilisation comes to a standstill and humanity atrophies.

I wish I could dance like Anna Pavlova.

Elle QC
Elle QC

Wish granted! But like the ballerina in The Red Shoes you can't stop. You dance non-stop, endlessly, until your body expires from exhaustion.

I wish I were a top lawyer, esteemed throughout the world for my A-list credentials and able to win any case that I take on.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help