Community - Message Boards

Message Board Game Room

Corrupt a Wish

dotcomm3
dotcomm3

Okay, so I know this was a big hit over on the Sleuth Noir boards, so I thought I'd start the game over here!

So for all newbies out there, here's how the game works. The person before you posts a wish. You make that wish come true, but with a little twist. Then you make a wish of your own. Like this:

User 1:
I wish I had a pony.

User 2:
You have a pony, but it bites you on a semi-regular basis.

I wish I could find true love.

User 3:
You find true love, but the person you fall in love with is frightfully disgusting and your entire family hates him/her.

I wish I had a good wish.

And that's basically how it goes. Get it? Got it? Good. Let's get to wishin'! I'll start things off...

I wish I was psychic.

Replies
DiGris
DiGris

nope. That's I wish I were in Dixie.

Mel Reincarna
Mel Reincarna

Congratulations. I renamed a town in Ethopia Dixieland, hope you have the appropriate shots.

Gabby Goodburger
Gabby Goodburger

Wish granted and you are given a runway at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, but your career is ruined when Tim Gunn accidentally looses an eye to the HUGE shoulder pads you try to bring back into fashion. Your name is mud even though Tim rocks that eye patch and makes pirate hot again.

I wish I had 100 million dollars.

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

granted but the person who gave you the 100 million dollars ends up framing you and you are arrested by the police for bank theft. then in prison, you discover the food supplied has been poisoned...after you took a few bites...

I wish someone could explain to me what on EARTH Dixieland is!

DiGris
DiGris

Granted, several people could manage to do it, though nobody seems to want to volunteer the information without a stiff fee.

I wish I could have actually told Rosalind within the rules of the game.

Mel Reincarna
Mel Reincarna

Wish granted, but in order to let you do so, you had to use a character language and your keyboard got stuck that way. She didn't understand your explanation, and now neither can anyone else. Looks like you need to buy a new keyboard.

I wish a broken heart didn't hurt so much.

DiGris
DiGris

Granted. It doesn't hurt at all. It just kills you awfully fast.

I wish for a world of compassion.

Mel Reincarna
Mel Reincarna

Wish granted. There is a world fulling to the brim with compassionate, loving, self sacrificing beings.

Only problem: It's located at the far most edge of the known universe, where inhabitants of Earth are highly unlikely to ever reach it.

I wish filling out forms was more fun.

Rosalind Duke
Rosalind Duke

Granted, but you were having so much fun filling things out that you couldn't stop, and not only did you get such a severe writing cramp that your hand lost all circulation and fell off, but you also forgot to hand in the forms you were filling out and hence you are now fired and walking the streets with a hook for a hand.
(ok that last thing isn't so bad, but having a hook does mean you are considered a psycho murderer in five countries so you spend your life in jail because of some stupid prejudice.)

I wish I could write responses that were a little shorter but still witty.

Belami
Belami

Your responses, both verbal and oral, are short and witty in the extreme; so much so, that you wind up answering any question posed to you with a wonderfully short and witty reply. You are truly a marvel to behold!

One fine day, you are strolling on the beach with the man of your dreams. There's a gentle, balmy breeze that tousles your darling's hair. It's nearing sunset, and the sky is turning wonderful shades of pink and chartreuse and gold. Suddenly, when you think you couldn't be any happier, he bends down, and with tears in his eyes, asks for your hand. You have been waiting for this moment your entire life. But you can't help yourself. You hear yourself saying, "You can't have my hand. I need it to hold my tuna sandwich." (Well, maybe this wasn't your wittiest response ever, but it was short.) Anyway, he gets up slowly and with a pained expression says, "Why do you always have to make a joke of everything?" As he walks away, shaking his head, you curse the talent that lost you your one true love.

I wish everyone could be happy every minute of every day.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help