Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Welcome Newbies (please read)

ms helen
ms helen

Welcome to your new addiction :)

Now first let me say a big thanks to CFM who had the original idea for this thread on Noir. Now that the boards are starting to have large amounts of content on them, I think it's about time we brought the thread over here.

You will find hints and tips as well as the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on here. If you read nothing else whilst you're on this site then please please please take the time to read this thread, you will help us oldies out no end by doing so I promise.
Remember this thread isn't designed to go into anything in depth but mainly tell you the basics that you need to know about the site. If you still can't find what you're looking for try searching the first couple of pages on the boards, quite often you will see what you are looking for without having to post a new thread. If you still can't see what you are looking for then feel free to ask
You may see some minor spoilers in here but nothing that should really affect your enjoyment of the game.

Abbreviations

PE - Physical Evidence, items found in suspect's homes which are matched up to evidence found at the crime scene.
WE - Witness Evidence, evidence found from suspects when the 'proof' questions is asked.
FA - False Accusation, you will get one of these if you accuse an innocent person. 3 FAs and your detective will be retired.

You will find that some players have their own abbreviations but these are the most common abbreviations that you will need to know.

How do I know if they are guilty?

The simple rule is 3 stars + a fake alibi = guilty.
If you find a murder weapon (3 stars) and they have a real alibi they aren't guilty, ever. You must have a fake alibi in order for you to accuse. If you can't find all your stars via Physical Evidence then you will have to ask other suspects for proof.

Replies
Detective Lechat
Detective Lechat

You earn money by doing cases.

nancy peabody
nancy peabody

I have not seen this question. What is the candy apple for?

PandaGurl0113
PandaGurl0113

Quits and Deadlines

"These do NOT affect your detective in way at all. It is much better to quit or miss your deadline than to get an FA. There is no way to get rid of these they will always be on your record but it's nothing to feel bad about. Nearly all of the top detectives have several of these on their profiles"

Ms. Helen- I think that you have made a mistake. You actually CAN fix your profile if you have a false accusations. You have to go to the Tricky Mister bar and talk to the "Fixer", the Shady Character and it will cost you money to have your record fixed, but it's worth it...

develin
develin

Hello PandaGurl113, Ms Helen war referring to the quits and missed deadkines.....These will stay on your record...:)

PandaGurl0113
PandaGurl0113

develin- Ok thanks for clarifying that. I thought she meant false accusations... Oops. My bad! Thanks again! :-)

gailgorham
gailgorham

if i used all my charm and intimidations how do i find a motive to accuse them

icaughtyou
icaughtyou

You need to train your research skill, and try to get at least level 3. Once you have 3 research, you can find motive by going to either the:
fact checker,
police station,
or the hospital and click" research case". sometimes you have to visit all 3 to find motive, as you get to harder level cases, there will bank safe keys that you take to the bank and enter the safe to find motives, however the bank safe key method does not always give motives, it is best to start at the 3 locations i mentioned.

Daria Lang
Daria Lang

T rail and error is what worked for me. But must admit I am still learning the game. Sometimes you have to just keep trying. Still think it the best game around.

Bela Talbot
Bela Talbot

where do you learn necromancy (if at all)?

any help would be appreciated :-)

Jayneromina
Jayneromina

Hi there, you will need to have over 100,000 exp before you will get the opportunity you acquire the necromacy skill. Hope this helps

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help