Community - Message Boards

Newbie Questions

Welcome Newbies (please read)

ms helen
ms helen

Welcome to your new addiction :)

Now first let me say a big thanks to CFM who had the original idea for this thread on Noir. Now that the boards are starting to have large amounts of content on them, I think it's about time we brought the thread over here.

You will find hints and tips as well as the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on here. If you read nothing else whilst you're on this site then please please please take the time to read this thread, you will help us oldies out no end by doing so I promise.
Remember this thread isn't designed to go into anything in depth but mainly tell you the basics that you need to know about the site. If you still can't find what you're looking for try searching the first couple of pages on the boards, quite often you will see what you are looking for without having to post a new thread. If you still can't see what you are looking for then feel free to ask
You may see some minor spoilers in here but nothing that should really affect your enjoyment of the game.

Abbreviations

PE - Physical Evidence, items found in suspect's homes which are matched up to evidence found at the crime scene.
WE - Witness Evidence, evidence found from suspects when the 'proof' questions is asked.
FA - False Accusation, you will get one of these if you accuse an innocent person. 3 FAs and your detective will be retired.

You will find that some players have their own abbreviations but these are the most common abbreviations that you will need to know.

How do I know if they are guilty?

The simple rule is 3 stars + a fake alibi = guilty.
If you find a murder weapon (3 stars) and they have a real alibi they aren't guilty, ever. You must have a fake alibi in order for you to accuse. If you can't find all your stars via Physical Evidence then you will have to ask other suspects for proof.

Replies
BlackFires
BlackFires

I'm not sure if this was already asked but what are challenge points? Some of the clothing items require these too?

Scott Cashman
Scott Cashman

How do I ask a question to the wintnesses?

Jacob Masen Black
Jacob Masen Black

I'm missing Suspects what do I do?

There is always at least one way of finding each and every suspect. The 3 ways to find suspects are:
Alibis - ask suspects
Leads - ask suspects
Yellow Notes - found at the crime scene and in suspects homes.

I've seen all these (above list) but the suspects don't have any leads anymore nore any available signed note. I'm still missing another suspect which may be the culprit on my case... i hope you could help...

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

If you still have the case right now, here's what you can do:

1) Since you already make sure you've asked alibi and leads to all your current suspects and no one tells you about this last suspect, I suggest you re-check the crime scene for yellow note if you haven't found one during the first time you check. Use "tab" slowly and "tab" at least 4 - 5 times in each rooms.

2) Do you still remember which of the current suspect's houses that you have found yellow note on them? If yes, then you can omit these peoples and check on the other houses which you didn't find the yellow note the first time. Again, "tab" slowly and "tab" at least 4 - 5 times in each rooms.

Remember, if the case you're doing is at least Hard level, then make sure you click each and every drawer, also look on the floor for trapdoors, last but not least, don't forget the far left and right corner of the room, together with behind golf bag, behind plants and behind coats/jackets.

agentoo7
agentoo7

if the suspect has 3 stars and if his/her alibi is fake, that's the time to accuse them. But if the suspect has 3 stars but his/her alibi is real, dont accuse him/her because if you do, you'll get FA (False Accusation).

Netjunky
Netjunky

i have a missing suspect with just the first name and no yellow notes. i have questioned all the other suspects and shop owners and cops everyone but cant get the name of the 4th suspect what do i do now

PI675
PI675

if i am a non-subscriber, do i get to solve those very hard cases

Silver92
Silver92

How do I know when I can start new cases (i.e. there's no server time anywhere, I have no idea when a new day starts!)

Thank you. (:

lovesick
lovesick

Click on the "Community" tab; and when you scroll down to the bottom left, under the high score links, you will see the current server date and time in 24 hour format :)

Nikki L
Nikki L

How do you gain Carlos's trust?

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help