Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

8/16 Shades Server Crash Info

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

So we had a pretty big server crash on Friday. The entire server instance disappeared completely off of our host's cloud (Amazon Web Services). I've never actually seen anything quite like it on AWS and it happened at a pretty tough time (we're on vacation right now and I didn't have everything I needed for a quick rebuild with me).

So, here's where we're at right now...

1) Chat isn't working right now. I'll try to fix this later tonight

2) Since this was such a hard crash, we had to restore from a daily backup. This means that anything done on 8/15 before the crash was lost. I'm very sorry about that. Let me know if you earned something important and I'll do my best to replace it.

3) I've extended all current subscriptions by 5 full days since there was such a long period when you couldn't play.

This is a fully rebuilt server, so let me know if you spot a new bug that wasn't happening before please.

Thanks all.

-Ben

Replies
SKYBURNER
SKYBURNER

No, the showdowns are NOT working. After I joined the showdown, the button "Quit the Showdown" remained even at 22:00 when the button "Take the case" was supposed to show up (but did not).

Aimee Pond
Aimee Pond

Yes, what Sky said -- that's what I experienced, too, when I tried to join a Showdown.

Aimee Pond
Aimee Pond

I think Showdowns are working again. I just finished a Showdown (by myself, just to test it) and everything seemed to work okay. Thanks for fixing it, Ben! :-)

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Cool! I thought I had one more thing that needed fixing before they fully worked. Glad it's all fixed now.

I'm still working on the chat server. Seems like now you can see people who are in the room with you, but you still can't actually say anything.

liza ikrima fauzi
liza ikrima fauzi

nice now i can play the game again. i really love this game, and i hope no crush or maintenance anymore ^_^

Elle QC
Elle QC

Showdowns still not working properly. I just tried one and at zero hours the 'Quit the Case' option was the only one there - for ages. I tried just clicking on the Case menu, hoping it would take me to the showdown case. I got a blank screen. After lots of refreshing I eventually got into the showdown case at about 17 minutes. The case itself played really slowly and there were lots of stalls , thus I was out of time before I could question/visit everyone. This pc has been fine so I don't feel it can be that. Also, normal game play seems to be okay. Hope it's just a temporary glitch.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

It seems that you're always on holiday and you do not have any sense of guilty .... after all the promises of updates and such.

Really disappointed...

Fletchi
Fletchi

Joseph people are allowed a life....

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

@Fletchi:

You mean its wrong for me to request for updates?

cha_lot
cha_lot

When I click "Join the Showdown!"

It shows "You cannot start while you have an active mystery. Quit or finish your current mystery before joining."

But the CASE page has nothing, is there any way to "Open" the current mystery? Thanks.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help