Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

WARNING! Accuse with less than 3 stars of Evidence at your own Risk!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Some corner cutters amongst you had discovered some safe ways to accuse suspects without first gathering 3 stars of evidence.

In sticking with the original intent of the game (not to mention our hitherto faultless game documentation), it is no longer safe to ever accuse with only 1 or 2 stars.

Good luck out there...

and Happy Sleuthing.

Replies
Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

I've never accused without having three stars ever. I didn't think I could. So *shrugs* hasn't changed my playing experience (as sporadic as it gets). Explains why I've always done so badly at Showdowns though when everyone else has just been accusing on one star. Yes... yes, that is the reason I lose showdowns, it IS OK, it just IS!

Svetlana Smith
Svetlana Smith

I'm in two minds about this. While many agree that the game needed tightening up - and I was one of them - the few cases I've done so far indicate it has gone some way to the other extreme.

For example, the SH case I've just done had the following 7 pieces of PE (2 x Threatening Note, 2 x Handprint, 1 x Torn Fabric, 1 x Footprint, 1 x Hair). I ended up with 4 fake alibis: 3 suspects each with 1 star and one suspect with 2 stars. There was no corroboration forthcoming for any of them from any of the witnesses - at least my manipulation ran out before I could exhaust this avenue.

I can't feel there is much skill or intelligence involved in simply having to trail around the townies essentially saying 'Does this one match? How about this one? This one?' when all the suspects are say right-handed, or you're matching handprints etc. The game will only become harder in an interesting and engaging way when there is new content - not just adding or subtracting more of the same. New case givers, new townies, new tasks..?

Sorry - i know it's a labour of love , unpaid, causing blood sweat and tears etc. Just a bit of personal feedback to add into the mix.
End of rant.

Fletchi
Fletchi

i think adding some extra case levels may have been better. its a long gap between 1 mil and 4 mill to open the ai cases.

Weslen
Weslen

I don't really see the problem here.

The help file clearly states that the murderer will have at least 3 stars of evidence and a fake alibi.

So the game is bit more challenging?
Work harder!

Maybe, a lot of us will have to drop back down a case difficulty until we have built up enough manipulation skills to handle harder cases. Not forgetting we have gloves and rings now, which boost those skills.

I reset my detective a while back and I am finding it slow-going working back to where he was before, but I'm enjoying the challenge, nonetheless.

Svetlana Smith
Svetlana Smith

Hi Weslen

No what's being said is that it's not more 'challenging' - it's just more tedious and boring. No real skill required to just do more of the same.

Shaunessy
Shaunessy

The cases involving more than one of the same PE always challenge me. I used to go by one over the others because one usually carried more weight, but now you really have to exclude the other guilty based on analysis training/evidence and opportunity. So, I think it is probably best this way. It does make it more challenging and less indecisive when it comes to stars and point value.

anabell4848
anabell4848

I've encountered very similar cases(not to the degree of 7 PE, but 5. And 3 matching with different suspects) have happened to me. When I used up all my manipulations, all 19 of them, I decided that the case had become too extreme for just a SH case. Can we maybe keep a minimum number of fake alibis who match evidence?

Also, in all my cases, I always get 3 stars when I can, in fact I always try to get as many stars as possible so that I feel safer when I accuse.

banolipop
banolipop

Hi,

I have noticed that with this new rule of having multiple fake alibi suspects with stars against them, many more PE also come up. In all the cases that I did, I've been getting at least 5 pieces of PE and in some cases I was not able to find 3 stars just on the PE.

I like this new rule, I like the fact that the game has become more challenging, however I would like to suggest that we either have fewer pieces of PE to match (which in turn might give us fewer fake suspects with stars), or that all the stars can come from PE in cases with more than a certain amount of PE. I have found it slightly problematic that we now have to match more pieces of PE AND ask around for proof, I believe that most of us do not have the manipulations that are required for it.

For example, earlier today I had a SH case with 2 lipsticks, 3 hairs, thread and ash. There were 4 suspects with fake alibi and they each had 1 star against them. I tried asking for proof but my manipulations ran out. In the end I had to quit the case after 3 bribes ($280 each), 1 perfume and 1 cologne given out. I thought that a case like that would be extremely difficult for anyone on the game, and I'm scared to see another one like that. :S

In conclusion, thanks Admin for making the game more interesting and challenging, I do hope that you will consider my suggestion though. :)

Bano

Weslen
Weslen

@Svetlana

I agree that just going to each suspect in turn, and forcing every piece of information out of them would be tedious and repetitive.

Surely the whole point of the game is to be 'selective' about where you use your manipulation skills?

That, and also using the correct analysis skills to eliminate possible suspects where there are multiples of the same type of evidence.

The skill/challenge comes in actually having to 'think' about your cases instead of just blindly clicking buttons (as quickly as possible) until you end up with the murderer.

Going back to only needing one star of evidence will not remove the repetition, it will just mean that you can finish cases more quickly.

anabell4848
anabell4848

Weslen I have to ask, what level cases have you been doing? Because I can't imagine you to not encounter problems such as those of Svetlana, banolipop, and myself.

I'm sorry if this question offends you, but I really don't understand why you love this rule change so much, since it only makes the harder cases extremely frustrating and money wasting for me. And I've been trying to adjust all day.

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help