Community - Message Boards

Game Announcements

Achievement Prizes!

Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

We've dropped a few hints about equippable accessory items, but we've purposely kept quiet about our plans while we worked through some game balance issues and design issues. So, now for the big reveal.

Secret Squirrel and I have been quietly working for the past couple of months on introducing a whole range of hand held items, and we're releasing the first wave today. This first batch is all items that are earned when you reach certain milestone achievements.

So, there are now sets of background specific items given as prizes when you reach the following achievements:

* Learned the Ropes (Tutorial)
* 1000 experience
* 1 million
* 5 million

(we're working on 10 million and up now too... looking at you Joseph)

For existing users, who have already earned some or all of these achievements, FEAR NOT! You should now have an active mission allowing you to claim the most recent prize item for which you are eligible. Since these items are designed to wear out around the time you would normally be receiving your next prize, we felt this was a fair catch people up on the prize train.

Important Note: Since everybody now essentially has access to a few more skills, it was necessary to increase mystery difficulty across the board (well, for all levels above easy anyway). I took a wild guess at the appropriate adjustments. It is entirely possible that we'll need to make further adjustments to bring overall difficulty back in-line to the pre item days.

Less Important Note: You may notice that as you earn those achievements with prizes going forward, you will now be given the opportunity to post your achievement to Facebook. This is another baby step in Socializing the game. We're going to keep trying these steps out to see what types of wall posts people find useful, and at what point it just gets annoying. Feel free to give feedback on that.

Thanks as always to my partner in crime (stopping), Secret_Squirrel. He put in a lot of time developing the dozens of prize items we're introducing today and more to come.

Replies
Sleuth Admin
Sleuth Admin

Keep your Magnifying Glasses clean!

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Thanks Ben, I assume we just get the highest available to us, For example if we are over 100,000 below 1 mill you just that item not the ones below that. Correct?

Seems to be since only received one.

But I like the idea maybe encourage fellow sleuths to do harder case to build there experience points. More then cases completed.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

just re read your post good only get the item for most recent achievement. Good

Thanks again

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

Thanks Ben! I love my reward ^_^ Its exactly the next 2 analysis skills that I'm looking forward to get. ^_^

Peach_Detects
Peach_Detects

Okay, I was getting ready to do a happy dance all over the place as my prize is LOADED with great things BUT if you make the game harder so it's the same difficulty as before you get the prize, does that not make the prize irrelevant?

Oh well, prize is WAY COOL! THANKS!

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

Hi, YAWN. Ooh look hand items. (Personally I'm sick of the sight of them :))

You're right of course, Peach, new stats, but you make the game harder what the...

It'll be a balancing act between rewarding players with new items to assist them solving the case, and not tipping the scales too heavily in players favour, where the game just becomes a no-brainer.

Ben by his own admission may have been a little heavy handed with the adjustment, but I think you won't notice that til +1mil (err yes your level Peach)

Also note in the next couple of weeks we'll be introducing more generic items to buy / win etc that will fill the 2nd hand slot item, adding even more stats.

Don't stress out too much, our end goal IS to make the hand items 'assets' rather than death sentences.

Secret_Squirrel
Secret_Squirrel

lol also if you notice a typo in the descriptions etc let me know by Sleuth Mail and I'll fix that up.

TJ Sweet
TJ Sweet

Typos? never happend

develin
develin

Thanks for the prize Ben and Secret. I'm very happy with my extra skills.

Detective Joseph Chen
Detective Joseph Chen

lol...death sentences, I love that. ^_^

[ You must login to reply ]

Login Help